Apple's iPhone 5 may be just months away from becoming a reality, with the latest rumours suggesting an August or September release. Just exactly what does Apple have up its sleeve to entice consumers in 2011?
I know I am only 4 days into 30 Days With the iPad, but I am already developing a list of issues and annoyances. Let's take a look at some of the problems I have encountered so far with using the iPad as a Windows 7 notebook replacement.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps.
Every analyst, pundit, and curious bystander is pretty much convinced that Apple will debut its next-generation iPhone in August or September. Question is, will Apple introduce one iPhone or two?
On Friday, Apple released iOS 5.0 beta 2 to developers, which includes several changes plus iTunes 10.5 beta 2 and Apple TV Software beta 2.
Rumours have been circulating about the next-generation iPhone, with many expecting an iPhone 5 and others speculating a more subtle change to the device naming it the iPhone 4S.
There's a decent word game to be found in Hanging With Friends, an attempt to translate the winning Words With Friends formula to the classic game of hangman. Unfortunately, like the letters of the words you try to solve, it's hidden behind flaws and...
When Steve Jobs unveiled the original iPhone at Macworld Expo 2007, he lauded its multitouch interface. "And boy, have we patented it," he added. It seems that now, four and a half years after Jobs declared the iPhone's innovations worth protecting, ...
Here's your iPhone 5 rumor du jour: Apple's next-generation smartphone may feature a "radical" new design, one vastly different from that of the wildly successful iPhone 4.
The OfficeTime time-management desktop app has been upgraded with more than 100 improvements--and an eye on expanding its capabilities to the iPhone and iPad.
If you’ve ever spent a Saturday watching male figure skating because you couldn't find the remote, you may welcome the news from Griffin that its Beacon Universal Remote Control for iOS (first demoed at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show) is now avai...
If you're using Google Sync to connect your Gmail and Google Calendar data to your iOS device--and really, if you're not, you should be--the folks in Mountain View have whipped up a few new tweaks that will make that experience all the more pleasant.
Don't put any dirt on Nokia's coffin just yet--the company still has some life in it. A victory in its patent war with Apple means a new revenue stream for Nokia, and a stronger position to enforce its patent portfolio with other mobile device makers...
One of the 200+ new features in Apple's upcoming iOS5 is the ability to snap photos by pressing the physical volume up button. This was formerly a hidden feature in the Camera+ app by developer tap tap tap and was cause for the app's removal from the...
With this fall's iOS 5 update, Apple plans to add some new camera and photo-editing features to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. On their own, the new tools are nothing revolutionary--most are already available in third-party apps. What will make th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
- This iPhone SE teardown is pretty much what you’d expect
- US DOJ cracks San Bernardino shooter's iPhone
- Apple re-issues iOS 9.3 after crippling older devices, confusing customers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT