More than a year after arriving on the mobile/wireless scene, Apple's iPhone remains the "it" phone -- the one to beat and the one companies in the mobile device industry compare themselves to.
iPhone Centre - News
Apple Tuesday patched 20 security vulnerabilities in its QuickTime media player, iTunes music store client, iPod touch device and Bonjour network software. More than half of the bugs could let hackers hijack computers or the iPod.
Yahoo announced Wednesday oneConnect for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, providing users a way to integrate mobile messaging and bring together contacts from a variety of social networks.
Apple will refresh its iPod line this week at an event in San Francisco, but it's uncertain what, if anything else, it will spring on customers, analysts said Monday.
A Google executive Thursday heaped praise on Apple's iPhone, even with his company set to challenge Apple in this same space with its Android mobile computing platform.
An iPhone 3G customer has filed the second lawsuit against Apple and US telecommunications provider AT&T over the popular phone. This one, by William J. Gillis Jr., was filed in San Diego, California and charges that the two companies deliberately mi...
It may be too early, or too presumptuous, to call Apple's iPhone a technology icon, but all the other major equipment makers in the emerging smart phone realm are looking to create their own "iconic" device.
Take heart, Apple fans, it's not true.
Apple Thursday said it will patch a bug in the iPhone's password-protected locking feature next month in a software update for the iconic smartphone.
Private information stored in Apple's iPhone and protected by a lock code can be accessed by anyone with just a few button presses.
An iPhone bug that Apple patched last January to stop unauthorized users from bypassing the password-protected locking feature has resurfaced in newer versions of the phone's software.
Apple's iPhone 3G offers "normal" reception, Swedish engineers who tested the smart phone said today, adding to the controversy over recent user reports of dropped calls and slow surfing speeds.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
An Alabama woman filed a lawsuit yesterday against Apple claiming that the company's iPhone 3G drops calls, has trouble connecting to AT&T's network and is slower than advertised.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCIT Continuity Manager / Disaster Recovery ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT