Apple updated the iPhone's software Monday afternoon, but according to first reports posted to the company's support forum, the new 2.0.2 firmware has not fixed users' 3G reception problems.
Competitors to Apple in the smartphone market claim the iPhone is lifting sales of their products rather than eating up their market share.
Sales at Apple's iPhone App store have reached US$1 million (AUD$1.13 million) a day after just over a month of operation.
Apple's CEO Steve Jobs Monday confirmed that the company has a "kill switch" it can flip to remotely disable potentially malicious applications that have been downloaded to any iPhone.
IBM's Lotus Domino Web Access software, also known as IBM Lotus iNotes, will bring your Lotus e-mail, calendar and contact details to the |Apple iPhone 3G.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has given MobileMe to the executive who heads iTunes, part of a shake-up over the sync service's public problems since its launch last month, according to a memo sent to company employees earlier this week.
Apple has issued a point release upgrade for its iPhone and iPhone 3G products to version 2.0.1 of the firmware, weighing in at a hefty 249MB.
After three weeks of testing and reviewing Apple's new iPhone 2.0 firmware and an iPhone 3G for use in large businesses, analyst firm Gartner said the device can be supported by IT shops -- but only for a narrow set of uses such as voice, e-mail, Web...
Apple will open its second Sydney retail outlet in Chatswood next weekend.
Apple yanked an application Thursday from its online App Store that would have let iPhone owners share its cellular data connection with a notebook.
Virgin Mobile has become the fourth telco to officially sell the iPhone 3G in Australia.
Three today announced new mobile plans designed to draw customers away from competing iPhone 3G carriers.
Apple said that it had restored service to all MobileMe e-mail accounts and officially called an end to an outage that had blocked thousands from receiving and sending messages for 11 days.
Although Apple has restored full e-mail service to about 40 percent of the subscribers who have been locked out of their accounts for more than a week, the company today acknowledged a new problem with the sync service.
Mobile executives at a Silicon Valley roundtable discussion threw down the gauntlet to Symbian, Android and other software platforms to match the impact of the iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Telstra offers Apple Music in Australia
- Tips to keep iPhone 4S battery from draining fast
- iPhone 4S inconsistent camera auto-focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC