Apple late Friday announced that it had restored partial access to blacked-out MobileMe e-mail accounts, but acknowledged that some messages sent to those accounts had been lost during the week-long outage.
Security vulnerabilities in the iPhone's e-mail application and Safari Web browser can be used by phishers to dupe users into visiting malicious sites or by spammers to flood the phone's inbox with junk mail, a researcher warned Wednesday.
Apple executives Monday brushed off questions about iPhone shortages, saying they are "very pleased" with their efforts to ramp up production.
Apple reported solid third-quarter earnings on Monday, buoyed by strong iPod and iPhone sales, but a weak forecast for the fourth quarter pushed its stock lower in after-hours trading.
The ACCC has issued a statement regarding the charges associated with mobile data usage. Released yesterday, the statement warns that customers with 3G mobile phones can face high fees once they exceed their monthly data allowance.
Pent-up demand for the iPhone 3G is manifesting itself on auction site eBay, where eager buyers are bidding in excess of US$1,000 to get what's turning out to be a hot commodity.
Apple's MobileMe online service continued to tick off customers Monday as users blasted the service for outages that have kept them from accessing e-mail for several days.
US Customers looking for an iPhone 3G may have to wait up to a month for Apple to boost its orders with suppliers and refill the pipeline, a Wall Street analyst said Thursday.
Microsoft is letting more people use its Live Mesh service just days after Apple launched its similar, but broader, MobileMe service.
Apple took more than three months to patch an iPhone vulnerability, even though it had technical details of the bug and had crafted a fix for Mac OS X, the researcher who reported the flaw said Tuesday.
Apple extended an olive branch to subscribers of its MobileMe online sync service today by apologizing for problems during last week's opening and adding 30 additional days service to all accounts.
Only five days after its official launch, the iPhone 3G has been hacked.
Apple announced today that it sold its 1 millionth iPhone 3G worldwide on Sunday, three days after the launch, adding that more than 10 million applications from the App Store had been downloaded since late last week.
Apple Monday claimed its new App Store delivered more than 10 million downloads to iPhone and iPod touch owners in the three days since its launch last Friday.
Apple patched 13 vulnerabilities in the iPhone and iPod touch last Friday, including several it had fixed in Mac OS X or the Safari Web browser as long ago as March.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Telstra offers Apple Music in Australia
- Tips to keep iPhone 4S battery from draining fast
- iPhone 4S inconsistent camera auto-focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC