Technology - The future of Linux and open source
using Linux - Fun and games with Linux
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite for Linux is the first release of a fully-featured graphics suite for Linux.
Not only does Linux now offer much faster networking, it also offers the ability to run a kernel-level Web server.
Printing with Linux is very useful and, although manual configurations can be tricky, it is an essential desktop tool which should not be overlooked by Linux newcomers.
Linux package management
Kernel 2.4 - what's in store?
Linux Mandrake 7.1 review
From its inception, Linux has been seen as an operating system that lacks graphics applications and is driven by the command line. This month LinuxWorld looks at two of the best free graphics applications for Linux in both 2D and 3D.
XML is an extension of HTML that functions similarly to SGML. It allows anyone to define their own HTML-like system of tags for content markup.
With the release of Red Hat beta 7.0 (code named Pinstripe), Red Hat enthusiasts and Linux users in general can get a good idea of what the complete 7.0 release has in store. Pinstripe keeps with much the same design as Red Hat 6.2 - this is the one ...
For many years now Java has been successful on a wide range of platforms - now it's the turn of Linux.
Linux offers a range of viewers for PDF needs.
Linux has been missing personal finance manager applications - but no longer. The rush for commercial standard apps has bred some high quality, robust programs for the Linux community.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT