IBM Monday seized on last week's rejection by the ISO of the Microsoft and Ecma International Office Open XML format and said it would throw its development weight behind OpenOffice.org, the most prominent set of open source applications based on the...
Sun Microsystems has ambitious plans for the commercial and open-source versions of its Solaris operating system, hoping to achieve for Solaris the kind of ubiquity already enjoyed by Java. To come close to reaching that goal, Sun needs to reach out ...
The nonprofit Linux Foundation has unveiled the Linux Weather Forecast, a Web site aimed at giving people a better sense of the status of specific Linux kernel projects.
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Open-Xchange has released an Outlook-compatible groupware server specifically designed for smaller businesses, and designed as a simple, open-source alternative to the likes of Microsoft Exchange.
Microsoft is enlisting Linux distributor TurboLinux to help tailor work being done to translate documents between Open XML and ODF file formats for Japanese and Chinese users.
Google launched a Linux version of Google Desktop on Wednesday, almost three years after the product's launch for the Windows operating system.
Google plans to launch a Linux version of Google Desktop on Wednesday (US time), almost three years after the product's launch for the Windows operating system.
While Novell's partnership with Microsoft remains the subject of controversy, the NetWare-cum-Linux vendor is still pushing out Linux and open source products aimed at taking market share away from its patent-protection partner.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
The Norwegian hacker who was arrested, and ultimately exonerated, for reverse-engineering DVD copy protection has taken a job with Michael Robertson's latest venture, a digital music company called MP3tunes. Jon Lech Johansen, also known as DVD Jon, ...
Computer Associates International (CA) will allow access to individuals and groups in the open-source software community to technology included in 14 of its U.S. patents and counterpart patents held in other countries, the company said Wednesday, as ...
Novell Wednesday announced its Suse Linux 10.0 operating system will be generally available early next month in retail or online stores. The new software emphasizes ease of use and is aimed at both developers and home users, according to the company.
Linux PC enthusiasts may be tired of hearing about all the ways Microsoft PCs are taking over the living room. Having conquered most home offices and dens, Windows is now running such entertainment apps as MP3 players, CDs and DVDs with its XP Media ...
Linux and open source win the race against Microsoft for Kinetic, a start-up business that develops sports performance technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW