IBM Monday seized on last week's rejection by the ISO of the Microsoft and Ecma International Office Open XML format and said it would throw its development weight behind OpenOffice.org, the most prominent set of open source applications based on the...
LinuxWorld.com.au - News
Sun Microsystems has ambitious plans for the commercial and open-source versions of its Solaris operating system, hoping to achieve for Solaris the kind of ubiquity already enjoyed by Java. To come close to reaching that goal, Sun needs to reach out ...
The nonprofit Linux Foundation has unveiled the Linux Weather Forecast, a Web site aimed at giving people a better sense of the status of specific Linux kernel projects.
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Open-Xchange has released an Outlook-compatible groupware server specifically designed for smaller businesses, and designed as a simple, open-source alternative to the likes of Microsoft Exchange.
Microsoft is enlisting Linux distributor TurboLinux to help tailor work being done to translate documents between Open XML and ODF file formats for Japanese and Chinese users.
Google launched a Linux version of Google Desktop on Wednesday, almost three years after the product's launch for the Windows operating system.
Google plans to launch a Linux version of Google Desktop on Wednesday (US time), almost three years after the product's launch for the Windows operating system.
While Novell's partnership with Microsoft remains the subject of controversy, the NetWare-cum-Linux vendor is still pushing out Linux and open source products aimed at taking market share away from its patent-protection partner.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
The Norwegian hacker who was arrested, and ultimately exonerated, for reverse-engineering DVD copy protection has taken a job with Michael Robertson's latest venture, a digital music company called MP3tunes. Jon Lech Johansen, also known as DVD Jon, ...
Computer Associates International (CA) will allow access to individuals and groups in the open-source software community to technology included in 14 of its U.S. patents and counterpart patents held in other countries, the company said Wednesday, as ...
Novell Wednesday announced its Suse Linux 10.0 operating system will be generally available early next month in retail or online stores. The new software emphasizes ease of use and is aimed at both developers and home users, according to the company.
Linux PC enthusiasts may be tired of hearing about all the ways Microsoft PCs are taking over the living room. Having conquered most home offices and dens, Windows is now running such entertainment apps as MP3 players, CDs and DVDs with its XP Media ...
Linux and open source win the race against Microsoft for Kinetic, a start-up business that develops sports performance technology.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW