The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is protesting a proposal by the US Copyright Office that may temporarily require online forms to be submitted using only Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser or Netscape browsers.
A fresh security flaw has surfaced in widespread Web service protocol PHP which could allow attackers to take control of vulnerable servers.
IBM is contributing software to the Mozilla Foundation's Firefox Web browser to make it easier for disabled users to access and navigate the Internet.
Plaxo launched a Mozilla Thunderbird-compatible beta version of its e-mail contact management software Tuesday. Plaxo Toolbar for Thunderbird will allow Thunderbird users to update their e-mail contacts and calendars automatically using Plaxo's softw...
The Norwegian hacker who cracked the encryption mechanism used by DVDs has turned his attention to Google's new Video Viewer.
Sun Microsystems is releasing a slate of technologies as part of OpenSolaris, the open source version of the Solaris 10 operating system.
Debian 3.1 has finally arrived after a wait of nearly three years -- to be followed a few hours later by an update fixing a security configuration problem.
Google has launched a site designed to deepen the company's interactions with external software developers by providing Google source code for free, along with discussion forums.
Astaro on Tuesday released an improved version of its Linux-based security package that now includes gateway-based spyware protection against malware and the ability to block and removed infected software already on a system.
If your laptop crashes, what's the best to recover the data on it? Well, one IBM engineer uses his iPod.
The Mozilla Foundation has established Mozilla China, an affiliate and non-profit organization that will help develop and promote open-source Mozilla software in China.
Linux gadget lovers may find a new mobile phone/handheld computer from Remote Office Access Devices (ROAD) intriguing.
Red Hat is bringing Sun Microsystems' Solaris operating system into the Red Hat Network, the company said Tuesday as it launched the latest update to its flagship Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Boston...
Microsoft by midyear plans to release a test version of a new Internet Explorer (IE) browser that better protects users from scams and malicious code while surfing the Web, the company announced Tuesday.
A U.S. district court judge on Wednesday praised Microsoft for efforts to improve technical documentation for its communications protocols, but questioned the effect in the marketplace of her final judgment in the U.S. government's antitrust case aga...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW