NTT DoCoMo, Japan's biggest mobile phone carrier, expects to complete on Wednesday a US$3 million investment in Linux software development company MontaVista Software, a DoCoMo spokeswoman said.
Three of Japan's largest IT companies have developed an open-source implementation of a standard from OASIS to ensure reliable messaging between Web services applications.
The Mozilla Foundation has released version 1.0 of its Firefox browser, an open-source product that has generated lofty expectations that it will offer real competition to Microsoft's ubiquitous Internet Explorer.
Embedded Linux distributor MontaVista Software and Japanese chip-maker NEC Electronics have signed a deal that will see NEC Electronics resell Montavista Linux to its microprocessor customers along with custom middleware and support services, they an...
Open source advocates will get an official boost next week with State Government support for the Australian Open Source Symposium in Perth.
Another image-based security hole has been found, sparking a flurry of patches from Linux vendors.
The Free Standards Group (FSG) on Tuesday will release Version 2.0 of its Linux Standard Base (LSB), a key standard that enables developers to rally around a common programming framework and keeps Linux from fragmenting into competing camps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW