The much anticipated Raphael prototype from HTC was finally unveiled yesterday as the Touch Pro. With a design similar to the recently announced Touch Diamond, the Touch Pro adds a fully functional QWERTY keyboard.
Taiwan's High Tech Computer launched its latest Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone, the Touch Pro, on Wednesday and I got a chance to try out the new phone at HTC's office in Taipei.
One of the worst-kept secrets in the game industry is that handhelds are simply more popular than home consoles. Handheld gaming might not pack the sizzle of new-gen consoles like the PS3 or Wii, but like Shakespeare said, the play's the thing.
US military doctors and medics say the expanding deployment of laptops and handheld computers in battle zones and military hospitals to capture electronic medical records is having a profound impact on patient care.
As long as I can remember, people have been asking me why small, ultra-portable notebooks are more expensive than their 14 and 15in counterparts. "But they're smaller and don't need as much material to build" is one of the arguments I'd hear. I'd cou...
Games on your cell phone - lame, you say?
Even though it has had its own problems of late, Windows XP remains the most-used version of Windows. The newest data from Web metrics vendor Net Applications Inc., for example, pegs XP as driving 73% of the personal computers that went online last m...
iPhones, broadband and gamers give reason for economic hope.
One of the challenges in mobile computing is battery life. It's hard to be productive with a dead battery, so IT personnel and users alike need to think about maximising run time between charges.
Does all this talk of WiMAX, 3G and 4G make your head spin? Here's a quick primer about what each technology really delivers.
Five great accessories to take your iPhone to the next level
Whether your PC is truly ailing or has a classic case of hypochondria, we have 18 simple, free ways to ensure your Windows XP or Vista system is raring to go.
When the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) program was first announced in 2005, media attention centered on two aspects: the US$100 price tag and the humanitarian nature of the project. Three years later, the environmental genius of these award-winning lap...
Be careful what you wish for. The iPhone has realized the old promise of the mobile Web. But it's not clear whether the wireless networks can handle the load.
We've got five top tips that will help you ensure your BlackBerry battery lasts as long as possible, so you'll never be caught short at a crucial moment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC