Apple recently threatened retailers in a Singapore mall with legal action if they continue to sell unlocked iPhones, prompting many to stop selling the handsets, The Straits Times newspaper reported Friday.
Struggling smartphone maker Palm can't win for losing.
The attorney for a woman recently ordered by a Minnesota jury to pay US$222,000 (AU$253,108.86) in damages for violating music copyrights said Thursday he is asking the judge hearing the case to consider reducing the amount to about US$150.
Concerned about piracy of multimedia files, Western Digital has disallowed the sharing of multimedia files on its 1T-byte network-attached storage drive, the WD My Book World Edition.
A concurrent raid on two adult stores in Sydney has lead to the discovery of a large scale adult movie piracy operation, and has resulted in a payment of $1.35 million in damages and costs.
Google announced a new application for the iPhone Wednesday that allows users to integrate its services into a single interface so they can easily find, use and switch between Google's search, Gmail, Calendar and Reader.
Nokia will launch a new service next year that allows people who buy certain Nokia phones to download music for free for a year after they purchase the device.
Dell has announced the addition of BigPond, using Telstra's Next G mobile network, as an option for integrated mobile broadband in a number of its notebooks.
European media group Vivendi plans to acquire a majority stake in leading computer games publisher Activision and merge the company with its own gaming unit to form what will likely be the world's largest third-party publisher of computer games.
Oregon is fast becoming Ground Zero in the contentious battle between the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the tens of thousands of consumers it accuses of illegal music sharing.
Comcast continues to slow down customers' connections to some P-to-P (peer-to-peer) applications, using hacker-like techniques against its own subscribers, according to a report released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Microsoft quietly introduced on Wednesday an upgrade to Office Mobile that lets mobile users work with documents created in Office 2007.
Unfazed by the failure of earlier subscription-based PCs from vendors like PeoplePC, Zonbu Wednesday launched an inexpensive subscription notebook that the company claims will free users from the hassle of computer maintenance.
Universal Music Group (UMG) and its subsidiary Deutsche Grammophon (DG) is set to make the majority of its huge classical music catalogue available online for download. The DG Web Shop launches today.
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac will let users port PowerPoint presentations to iPhones and video-equipped iPods, Microsoft said yesterday as it unveiled the latest details of the suite scheduled to ship in January.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW