Apple recently threatened retailers in a Singapore mall with legal action if they continue to sell unlocked iPhones, prompting many to stop selling the handsets, The Straits Times newspaper reported Friday.
Mobile Advisor - News
Struggling smartphone maker Palm can't win for losing.
The attorney for a woman recently ordered by a Minnesota jury to pay US$222,000 (AU$253,108.86) in damages for violating music copyrights said Thursday he is asking the judge hearing the case to consider reducing the amount to about US$150.
Concerned about piracy of multimedia files, Western Digital has disallowed the sharing of multimedia files on its 1T-byte network-attached storage drive, the WD My Book World Edition.
A concurrent raid on two adult stores in Sydney has lead to the discovery of a large scale adult movie piracy operation, and has resulted in a payment of $1.35 million in damages and costs.
Google announced a new application for the iPhone Wednesday that allows users to integrate its services into a single interface so they can easily find, use and switch between Google's search, Gmail, Calendar and Reader.
Nokia will launch a new service next year that allows people who buy certain Nokia phones to download music for free for a year after they purchase the device.
Dell has announced the addition of BigPond, using Telstra's Next G mobile network, as an option for integrated mobile broadband in a number of its notebooks.
European media group Vivendi plans to acquire a majority stake in leading computer games publisher Activision and merge the company with its own gaming unit to form what will likely be the world's largest third-party publisher of computer games.
Oregon is fast becoming Ground Zero in the contentious battle between the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the tens of thousands of consumers it accuses of illegal music sharing.
Comcast continues to slow down customers' connections to some P-to-P (peer-to-peer) applications, using hacker-like techniques against its own subscribers, according to a report released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Microsoft quietly introduced on Wednesday an upgrade to Office Mobile that lets mobile users work with documents created in Office 2007.
Unfazed by the failure of earlier subscription-based PCs from vendors like PeoplePC, Zonbu Wednesday launched an inexpensive subscription notebook that the company claims will free users from the hassle of computer maintenance.
Universal Music Group (UMG) and its subsidiary Deutsche Grammophon (DG) is set to make the majority of its huge classical music catalogue available online for download. The DG Web Shop launches today.
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac will let users port PowerPoint presentations to iPhones and video-equipped iPods, Microsoft said yesterday as it unveiled the latest details of the suite scheduled to ship in January.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC