Apple has made headlines in the past for introducing disruptive technologies, but Wednesday's announcement of the iPod Touch could be a real sleeper.
Apple updated its iTunes music software late Wednesday to patch a critical vulnerability and add features that will only be enabled once the new iPod touch rolls out later this month.
HP has announced five new iPaq handhelds and three new HP Compaq laptops, along with dozens of handheld accessories, software packages and services.
One of the groups that claims it has developed an unlock hack for Apple's iPhone is now saying it will only offer the software to resellers, not to individuals, a popular technology blog reported Monday.
Rumors that Microsoft may purchase BlackBerry maker Research in Motion are likely just that because of RIM's high price tag, though there would be benefits for both parties if a deal were struck, analysts said Friday.
By 2012, Linux will be running on nearly 31 percent of all smart devices, thanks to a growth rate faster than Windows Mobile and Symbian, according to predictions from a research firm.
Nokia has launched new multimedia phones, as well as Ovi, a music and games service that spans phones and PCs. Nokia clearly hopes to the package will leave Apple's iPhone and iTunes standing, but it might cause tension with operators.
KickApps, which provides white-label, hosted social networking capabilities to corporate Web sites, announced Monday that any video uploaded to its sites is now viewable on the Apple iPhone mobile device.
The Tasmanian Ambulance Service (TAS) will procure some 70 rugged notebook computers over four years to facilitate the migration off its paper-based patient care reporting process to a new electronic system.
Two claims of unlocking Apple's iPhone have surfaced in recent days.
A group of 10,000 New York City taxi drivers has vowed to strike for two days, Sept. 5 and 6, primarily to protest GPS systems being installed in their cabs.
Seagate Technology plans to add solid-state drives based on flash memory chips to its lineup of storage products sometime in 2008, the company said Thursday.
Google has admitted it "goofed" when it hastily shut down its video sales and rental service last week, leaving users unable to play videos they had already bought. To make amends, the search engine company said it will provide credit card refunds an...
GenieKnows.com Tuesday unveiled a search engine that focuses on providing video game players with results ranging from gamer reviews, blogs, news, discussion groups and how-to guides.
RealNetworks and MTV Networks have formed a new company that will combine their online music services and have an exclusive deal with Verizon Wireless to be the platform for its wireless music service. The companies are joining forces to compete with...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW