The Microsoft executive in charge of the Xbox 360 sold US$3 million (AU$3.66 million) more in stock than originally disclosed during the weeks leading up to the July announcement that the flawed video game console was going to cost the company more t...
A technology mostly associated today with crackdowns on music and movie pirates could instead be used to help make multimedia content free -- and file-sharing legal.
U.S. rock band Pearl Jam is crying fowl after an AT&T webcast censored politically themed lyrics by lead singer Eddie Vedder, but the telecom giant said Thursday the editing was a mistake by a contractor.
Sales of PDAs continued a steep decline in the second quarter, as struggling vendors shipped 719,000 units worldwide, down from 1.26 million last year, according to a market research report released Wednesday.
Motorola is betting big on Linux for its mobile phones, planning to install the OS on 60 percent of its handsets within two years.
People who use online e-mail or social-networking sites at Wi-Fi hotspots could risk having their accounts hijacked.
First there were the iPod Socks (from Apple) and then the iPod trainers (Nike). There has even been a pair of iPod pants (iBoxer), bringing new meaning to the shuffle and mini. Obviously there are a few iPod hats out there, with hidden headphones, fr...
Microsoft Corp. hasn't divulged detailed plans for the next release of its Zune music player, but a company executive last week offered hints that seem to support reports that a flash memory-based Zune and 80-gigabyte device could be in the works.
Officials in New York state asked Apple on Monday to change its iPhone design to allow consumers to replace their own batteries, just days after lawyers in Illinois filed a class-action lawsuit over the same complaint.
Sony <a href="http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/sony-introduces-a-pair-o-docks-for-ipod-279697.php">unveiled</a> a pair of iPod devices Thursday: the ICF-C1iP and the ZS-S2iP, a clock radio and boom box, respectively.
Mobile phone operator Orange is expecting the iPhone to raise awareness of its mobile music services -- but it's with Sony Ericsson that it is working to market its music portal in nine European countries.
Google is developing a new search tool for cell phones that will allow users to find and purchase mobile content, including ring tones and games, according to a published report.
Telstra has announced it will cease offering i-mode mobile services on December 10 this year in an effort to push more subscribers to its Next G network.
A third-party vendor has already unveiled software that adds storage capabilities to Apple's popular iPhone mobile device.
IT Minister Senator Helen Coonan announced that she will work with industry to better protect and inform consumers about mobile telephone premium service offerings, like ring tones and video clips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC