Vodafone Group has denied a Monday report by the Financial Times that it was considering buying Verizon Communications in a huge US$160 billion deal.
Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
Financial firm JPMorgan has given its clients conflicting forecasts this week about the iPhone's future, with teams in Taiwan and the US squaring off over the likelihood that Apple will roll out a new, cheaper model based on the iPod nano this year. ...
Doctors writing in the New England Journal of Medicine warned that using a portable music player such as an Apple iPod outdoors when lightning threatens can be dangerous.
Still basking in the glow of its overly hyped iPhone launch, Apple plans to launch a cheaper version of much-sought after devices in the fourth quarter.
A noted Norwegian hacker claimed Wednesday to have come up with a way to activate an Apple iPhone without committing to an AT&T wireless plan.
Hackers may successfully unlock an iPhone in as soon as three to seven days, according to a representative of one effort that aims to unlock Apple Inc.'s new handset.
Ten years ago this week Sony launched its first Vaio laptop computers. The PCG-705 and 707 went on sale in Japan on July 1 and were followed quickly by a desktop PC, as Sony tried to show the world that a consumer electronics company could make comp...
Following last week's rumors that a deal was in the works, Google acquired GrandCentral Communications for an undisclosed sum.
Apple got help from the update to its MacBook laptops to push its share of the laptop market up nearly two points in May, to 14.3 percent, a research firm said Friday.
In the race to make ever lighter laptop computers, Toshiba is poised to take the lead in the 12-inch screen class with new models coming from June.
Certicom, a Canadian vendor of cryptographic encryption tools, has filed a lawsuit against Sony alleging that the content protection technologies used in several Sony products infringe on two U.S. patents held by Certicom.
Strong sales of digital consumer electronic gadgets helped Sony achieve record sales and higher net profit in the financial year just-ended but shipments of PlayStation 3 consoles missed their target, the company said Wednesday.
To rebut environmental critics, Apple's CEO Steve Jobs Thursday not only had to spell out the company's recycling plans but also spill a few details about new Mac hardware slated for release later this year.
Not to be outdone by laptop rival Sony, Dell Tuesday announced the availability of SSD (solid-state drive) technology for its Latitude D420 and D620 notebooks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC