Hewlett Packard Monday unveiled its first smart phone, a slimmed-down iPaq that will be among the first Windows Mobile 6 handsets when it appears, probably in late spring, officials say.
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has confessed it hired a marketing company to create a fake blog to drum up Christmas support for its PlayStation Portable (PSP).
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo switched on Telstra's 3GSM network this morning, and to celebrate made video calls to Tasmania, Queensland, WA and northern NSW.
Nintendo will offer a game controller with its upcoming Revolution games console that is drastically different from those used in previous consoles.
Ever wish you could be Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future II and travel to a future where city windows display pastoral scenes and the newspaper is a disposable piece of constantly updating, foldable plastic?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Right-to-be-forgotten 'dashboard' to help EU's data protection authorities
- Red Hat acquires FeedHenry to get mobile app chops
- BitTorrent opens Bleep peer-to-peer encrypted chat program to public testing
- Orange offers 'smart app' dev tool and global M2M location service
- French crime database breaches privacy rights, EU court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.