Linux fans long awaiting a mobile phone that runs the open source operating system can finally rejoice!
Mobile applications to make both your work and social lives easier.
We managed to get our hands on the all-new iPhone 3G from Apple
Motorola has continued to extend the life of its iconic RAZR handset, this time teaming up with Italian sports car manufacturer Ferrari to produce the RAZR2 V9 Ferrari Special Edition. Check out our slideshow of this new beast!
While we're enduring winter, over in the US summer is just kicking into gear. And nothing says summer more than a bunch of awesome gear and toys. GamePro (US) went out and rounded up some amazing tech that's sure to help you maximise your time in the sun. Once we finally get some Down Under! So grab your lawn chairs and your sunscreen as we unveil GamePro's Summer Vacation Gear Guide for 2008.
Summary: Gamepro polled its editorial team, scoured the internet, and given special attention to original efforts to develop the following list of 25 games, all of which has us giddy with the prospects. So with exception to unknown announcements, you can confidently count on these babies to be shown this year... and hopefully playable.
The Acer Aspire One is set to compete with ASUS' Eee PC and HP's Mini-Note PC. It's pretty much the same size as the Eee PC, but has some exciting features (including Intel's Atom CPU) and it looks fantastic. If you're after a new ultraportable laptop, or 'netbook', as the manufacturers like to call them, this one is as just as good as the Eee PC, if not better.
The AVIC-F500BT and the AVIC-F900BT are Pioneer's next generation of in-car integrated solutions. The AVIC-F series combines in-car entertainment systems with the latest in navigation technology and information systems. Both units offer a complete audio and visual experience that can control and communicate with portable devices such as Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, MP3 players and iPods. The units will be available in Australia in mid-July from Pioneer dealerships. In the meantime, check out these images!
Sony Ericsson's latest addition to its Cyber-shot mobile phone range sees a leap forward in camera phone technology. The C905 Cyber-shot is not only the first slide-design phone in the Cyber-shot range, it's also one of the first mobile devices to integrate an 8.1-megapixel camera. For the first time, mobile phones offer a real alternative to a compact digital camera. The phone features a Xenon flash, face-detection technology, smart contrast and an image stabiliser. The inclusion of a GPS receiver allows users to geotag their photos, ensuring they can be categorised and shared easily. The C905 is expected in Q4 2008.
Nokia recently announced two new phones for its business-focused E series, the E71 and E66.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
In recent years, toy robots have become popular playthings for kids and kids-at-heart alike. Thanks to recent developments in robotics and computer technology, they are almost like having a living, breathing pet (albeit it a slightly deranged one). WowWee is one of the leading manufacturers of robot-centric toys, with something to suit all tastes and ages. Its new generation of mechanical companions includes innovative creations that walk, talk, crawl, fly and, err, purr. For an inside look at some of the latest models off the robot assembly line, check out the following slideshow.
The announcement of the 3G iPhone by Apple head honcho Steve Jobs this week was pasted across pretty much every news outlet in town. From TV to online few other products have received so much publicity in the history of IT. But amongst all the hype it's easy to forget there are plenty of top-notch competitors already on the market and about to be launched. Here is a small selection of contenders to the 3G iPhone - which should be arriving on July 11 on Australian shores through Vodafone and Optus
Xbox 360 owners haven't exactly been spoiled for choice when it comes to role-playing games. With the possible (and slightly dubious) exception of Lost Odyssey, there hasn't been a decent Xbox RPG since the release of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion over two years ago. Thankfully, this is all set to change with the release of Infinite Discovery and The Last Remnant: two new epic RPGs from Square Enix. Both games promise to deliver stunning next-gen visuals, engrossing storylines and complex, real-time battle systems. Check out the following slideshow for all the latest screenshots from both games.
We love LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman, and LEGO Indiana Jones, but we're holding out hope for saucier fare. Here's a collection of classic films that would make killer LEGO games!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW