We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
Smartphones - Features
There’s some debate surrounding what a mid-range phone actually is. We find that there are cheap phones under $300, some good-value phones up to around $500, then a collection of mid-range phones up to $600. However, if you push a little harder you g...
With a little ingenuity you can get a lot of that Pixel experience on the phone you have right now.
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands ...
We took four phones with the best cameras available into the studio to figure out which one delivers the best image quality.
Not all Android fans are excited about Google's new phone, but they'll probably come around.
While production of the Note7 has stopped, it's imperative that Samsung figure out what went wrong and lay out the details publicly.
This infographic details the key turning points following Samsung's release of its fatally flawed Galaxy Note7 smartphone, including releases, recalls, damning photos, products exchanges, U.S. government intervention and the ultimate demise of the de...
It looks like "Nexus" is out, and "Pixel" is in. This is what we hope to see as Google updates its flagship phones running pure, unadulterated Android.
After you inhale that new-iPhone smell, follow this setup guide to be up and running faster than you can say A10 Fusion.
Samsung has created specific box markings and an IMEI lookup tool so you can tell if you have a non-explosive model.
Samsung's recall of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones over reports that dozens caught fire might have a lasting impact on the company's image. Or not, depending on which analyst you ask.
The Cisco and Apple partnership has yielded a ton of new business features that include improved Wi-Fi connectivity, business app prioritization capabilities and the tighter integration of voice for collaboration – all via the today’s release of iOS ...
The Apple Watch Series 2 comes out Sept. 16 complete with swim-proof capabilities, built-in GPS, and a special Nike edition.
The iPhone 7 has a bigger battery and better camera, plus it's resistant to water. The downside: no headphone jack.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD