From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
The year 2015 was a tumultuous year for smartphones. Some companies found redemption while others underwhelmed. Finger sensors became the norm, along with pixel-rich screens, extraordinary cameras and premium design. The year was kind to customers i...
Removing the headphone jack from the iPhone is a bad idea.
A month with the Nexus 6P showed that perhaps its gorgeous screen is a little too big for its operating system.
Windows 10 Mobile review: Next-gen Windows Phones focus on unique features to double down on productivity
Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Mobile as a free upgrade to both older Windows Phones as well as its new Lumia 950 and 950XL flagship phones. Continuum, Windows Hello, and Microsoft's own apps are why you should consider this increasingly niche OS.
“With each generation the company makes measured, incremental technology improvements to its iPhone line, and this time around those changes are increasing Apple’s per-unit material cost.”
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Can’t wait to try out Google’s next sweet mobile OS treat? Just follow these instructions—as long as you have a Nexus phone or tablet.
Whether you like to make short home movies or full-length features, the V10 offers some amazing manual controls for doing so.
Not one but two new Nexus phones? A new Chromecast? The final release of Android Marshmallow? Google could do it all tomorrow.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
Anticipation for the next generation of Apple’s iPhones has reached fever pitch. Pre-sales for the smartphones opened over the weekend, with the range going on sale in stores stores soon on 25 September. Australia’s four largest carriers have announ...
Sony is stepping out from the shadows to take on smartphone heavyweight Samsung. Whereas its Xperia Z5 Premium, announced overnight at the IFA tradeshow, appeases the needs of multimedia users, Samsung's Note5 satisfies the demands of users driven to...
The ACCC has put smartphone makers on notice for boldly advertising products as ‘waterproof’. Manufacturers are in part to blame for hiding relevant information in the fine print, but let’s not burn them at the stake for making smartphones resistant ...
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW