Just last year, with the arrival of Android 2.0 mobile operating system, I warned that Android devices were not quite ready for the enterprise.
Smartphones - Features
Windows Phone 7 is inching closer to market. Microsoft has sent the operating system for its brand of mobile phones to the labs of carriers for testing, as well as to developers of applications for the phones, which are expected to reach the market i...
The Nexus One is dead, Jim.
There's no denying Apple hit the jackpot with its iPhone. The company has sold more than 85 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices worldwide since the original handset's launch in 2007, according to the latest IDC figures.
Microsoft is so desperate to prove Windows Phone 7's worth in the fiercely competitive smartphone market the company's already giving technical previews to the press, months before the platform's holiday launch.
Is there really a problem with the iPhone 4 antenna? Apple is about to answer this question Friday, at a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/201158/apple_calls_iphone_4_press_conference_for_this_friday.html">hastily announced press conference</a>...
Microsoft used its annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Washington, DC this week to reveal more details about the impending Windows Phone 7 smartphone platform. While Microsoft's smartphone market share has been plummeting, Windows Phone 7 co...
On June 23, Motorola introduced the Droid, set for release this Thursday, calling it "a pocket-sized home theater." That's an interesting slogan for a phone. I can appreciate the feature, but how does it benefit the average worker? I can see the adva...
The iPhone 4 "death grip" story continues to have legs. Consumer Reports says that it can't recommend the iPhone 4 -- despite the fact that it tops Consumer Reports' rankings -- because of the so-called "death grip," and some in PR circles see a reca...
The Windows Phone 7 operating system won't arrive for a few more months (expect a splashy debut as the holiday season nears) and Microsoft is using the extra time to dole out morsels of information about its upcoming mobile OS--one with the unfortuna...
This year definitely marks a watershed for Google's Android operating system in Australia. Providing a number of benefits over Apple's iPhone, including an open applications market, a fully customisable user interface and full multitasking, the Andro...
Life must suck today at One Infinite Loop.
You say your secret ambition in life is to build the world's greatest mobile flatulence app? Here's your chance.
Don't look now, Apple fanatics, but Android's just made another noteworthy leap in mobile market share.
Microsoft dropped a stunner on the tech world this week by terminating Kin, its social media-centered phone for teenagers.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA