GPS navigation using mobile phones and smartphones is nothing new, but Apple's popular iPhone has made it much more common. With its built-in GPS receiver and a dedicated GPS navigation app, an iPhone can be used as a handy portable navigation unit.
Motorola can add one more item onto its list of Droid slogans: Droid does have more expensive hardware than the Nexus One. But only by a small margin.
Poor Nexus One. Despite earning mostly positive reviews and becoming an obsession in the tech blogosphere, the Google phone reportedly sold just 20,000 units in its first week. That's just 10 percent of the Motorola Droid's debut sales.
Google unveiled the Nexus One a little over a week ago after weeks of rumors and hype. Not only has the Android-based handset failed to revolutionise the smartphone industry as some had speculated, but the spiraling debacle suggests Google may have u...
A better camera with flash, improved battery life, tethering-capability, and a choice of carriers top iPhone users' "wish list" of features for the next-generation Apple handset, expected later this year. Also on the list: multitasking, a faster proc...
Our favourite apps from the past year
Google officially launched its Android 2.1 software development kit (SDK) this week, giving programmers their first glimpse under the hood of the updated operating system.
From complaints over the Nexus One's slow and confusing customer service to eye-popping early termination fees, Google's proving to be just another phone maker, not the revolutionary we once hoped for.
Reactions to the Nexus One have been mixed now that the hardware is out, but one place that surely isn't lacking is the Snapdragon processor. With a 1Ghz clock speed, the Nexus One is one of the fastest smartphones available.
2009 ushered in mobile malware with the first (and second) iPhone worm appearing just before Christmas.
For more than a decade Arm Holdings has designed chips that have powered mobile handsets and smartphones like Apple's iPhone. The company now faces a challenger in Intel, which recently demonstrated a smartphone, LG Electronics' GW990, based on its u...
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
Google's poor tech support for its Nexus One smartphone is making some buyers downright hostile toward the company we've all been programmed to love.
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
The Nexus may be facing a mess(us).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC