Motorola's Droid has been the subject of much furor lately, fueled in-part by a series of ad spots, including Verizon's controversial campaign.
iPhone "jailbreaking" has been a hot topic since Apple released its smartphone more than two years ago. While the amazing little device does indeed have applications for "just about everything," Apple's sometimes arbitrary or self-serving rejections ...
Samsung introduced Bada, what the company calls a mobile platform for a new breed of its smartphones. But is there really a need for yet another mobile OS, next to the likes of Apple, Microsoft or Google?
Today brings news of Bada, a new smartphone operating system from Samsung, product of corporate fantasy that second-tier brands can really change the world.
Nokia's N900, the next tablet/smartphone/whatever to bat against Apple's iPhone, ships today. It's a big occasion for Nokia, as the N900 is its most powerful smartphone yet, and the device's Maemo 5 open source operating system is a diversion from Sy...
It's apparently not common knowledge that there are actually two Droids: the Motorola Droid and the HTC Droid Eris. They're both Android-based phones, but significantly different in form and firmware. The Motorola Droid is a slider phone with a large...
The huge number of games available in the iTunes App Store can make delving into the games scene for the iPhone and iPod Touch pretty intimidating at first
There is no piece of technological wizardry that I want so much as a Droid. Yet, I have decided to hold onto my iPhone. Why? Because the iPhone is the PC of smartphones.
Once you enter the Big Tent of Apple, it's exceedingly hard to find the exit.
Well, it finally happened. Digital versions of the Beatles' catalog are finally coming to Apple. It's just not the Apple you're thinking of.
Buying a mobile phone or mobile broadband service can be a daunting task, especially if the tech tools are destined for a Christmas stocking. Many consumers purchase their new mobile phones on a contract, as such it can be hard to track down a bargai...
Grab yourself a bargain as we begin the countdown to Christmas! This week you can choose from two great Panasonic and Nikon digital cameras, a large and powerful Dell notebook, a Sony Full HD camcorder, the latest TomTom GPS units, a Nokia smartphone...
The new Droid slider smartphone by Motorola Inc., running on the Verizon Wireless network, is clearly not an iPhone killer. But it is still pretty cool, with multitasking abilities and Google Inc.'s touches, such as quick access to Google Maps for tu...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
Ever since Verizon Wireless used Motorola's Droid to diss the iPhone, it's been nothing short of Droid hysteria in the tech world, and it's only getting crazier with today's reveal of the HTC Droid Eris. What can I say? We love a good fight. But let'...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW