We take a look at the handsets trying to knock Apple's iPhone off its perch. Sony Ericsson, RIM, HTC, Samsung, Nokia and LG all have touch-screen-equipped mobile phones on the market.
How does a mobile/handheld game play on the morning commute? Let's find out.
Global PC vendor Acer made its first move into the smartphone market at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month and I had a chance to sit down and try out a few of the new devices in Taipei.
The iPhone 3.0 countdown is officially on: Apple has announced plans to reveal the next generation of its iPhone operating system at a media event next Tuesday.
On March 15 the Sprint Palm Treo Pro officially goes on sale, and I've been testing a production unit for the past few weeks. It's basically the same Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone as the unlocked Treo Pro that I tested in late 2008. But the addition ...
The 5730 XpressMusic
iPhone applications are proliferating like rabbits, but not all of them are great. In fact some can get you into hot water.
Lawyers are increasingly jumping ship from BlackBerrys to iPhones, thanks in large part to functionality enabled by the iPhone's special screen.
Introducing the Acer F900 touch-screen smartphone
Ah, the Apple App Store. Since July 2008, the month when Apple opened its wildly popular library of applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch, the world has been treated to more than 20,000 apps, with some 500 million downloaded as of February 2009.
If you are one of the many people who own an iPod or an iPhone, there is a pretty good chance you don’t just use it on the train or at the gym.
Touch-screen computers, iPhone apps, and wireless cameras that stream video to the Web are on display at DEMO 09, the launchpad for emerging technology.
RIM adds fail-over functions and simplifies admin tools in BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
LG's flagship mobile phone for 2009 will be the Arena, unveiled recently at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Apple's iLife suite has long been a cornerstone of the company's "digital hub" strategy for organizing, managing and creatively using the array of digital media available today. In the latest version, iLife '09, the suite received major updates to al...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC