Being a mobile phone reviewer, I often get asked the question: "Should I buy a BlackBerry or an iPhone?" In fact, if I had a dollar for every time I’ve been asked that question, I probably wouldn’t be writing this article.
Smartphones - Features
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
Ever since Apple changed the game for mobile devices with the iPhone back in 2007, every major device manufacturer has rushed to come up with their own variation on the smartphone in a so-far futile attempt to "kill" the iPhone.
Apple iPhone, Android G1, AT&T Fuze, HTC Touch Diamond, and three flavors of BlackBerry compete for one pocket. Which should you choose?
Here's a selection of favorite forbidden -- but useful and fun -- iPhone applications on Apple's banned list.
Despite Apple's formal opposition and upcoming 3.0 firmware, users still seek jailbroken iPhone advantages -- and developers deliver
Apple may have sold 1 billion apps through the App Store, but there are only 10 which are must-haves for my iPhone
Mother's Day is rapidly approaching. If you think your mum needs a new mobile phone, then check out our handy guide to some of the best handsets for every kind of mother.
Google Ventures Rich Miner recently predicted at a conference in Cambridge, Mass., that a significant number of people will disconnect from the wired Internet in 2 to 3 years, abandoning their computers for mobile devices.
LG partners with Prada again to launch the LG Prada II fashion smartphone
Apple unveiled <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/161255/live_update_iphone_software_30.html">iPhone OS 3.0</a> which boasts over <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/161433/our_iphone_30_scorecard.html">100 new features</a>. Unfortunately, w...
These 15 BlackBerry apps can help you stay productive, but can also entertain.
iPhone enthusiasts from around the Web offer their visions for the next-gen iPhone
For nearly a year, Apple's App Store for the iPhone has stood out as the sole example of a smartphone platform that's more than a fancy way to take phone calls and look at headlines. It showed the promise of mobile devices as real computing platforms...
LG yesterday launched its 2009 flagship multimedia mobile phone in Australia, the LG Arena.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianNSW