If you’re not a fan of Samsung’s TouchWiz overlay, then you are in for a treat. This article details how you can ditch Samsung's overlay in favour of the Google Experience launcher native to stock Android devices. Best of all, the simple process won’...
Samsung's Galaxy S5 bristles with features. Some we care very little for, but others make it one of the best smartphones available on shop shelves today. Here are the top 5 reasons to love the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Galaxy S5 is bogged down by drawbacks.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s...
Samsung's biggest threat is not Apple; it's HTC. Now next-generation smartphones from Samsung and HTC have been released, and although on paper the Galaxy S5 and the One (M8) are neck-to-neck, the two smartphones couldn't be more different.
Last week we published five reasons to avoid the new HTC One (M8) smartphone, intended as forward-thinking criticisms to urge further refinement to an evolutionary product. For the few negatives, the HTC One (M8) has at least double the positives. In...
Motorola's Moto G is not just a great dual-SIM smartphone; but it's one of our favourite smartphones. And with the announcement of the first Windows dual-SIM Phone, the Nokia Lumia 630, Good Gear Guide has compiled 5 reasons why the often overlooked ...
HTC definitely won its fair share of fans with the One (M7), and is on the right track to do the same with the One (M8). That said, some issues continue to linger which could be reasons to avoid the device and opt for a competitor’s. Here are five re...
Australia will be one of the first countries in the world to release the Samsung Galaxy S5 on the 11th of April. The 5.1-inch smartphone will be offered on a range of plans from Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and Virgin. Good Gear Guide has put together a ...
Australia's three largest telecommunication carriers have confirmed to Good Gear Guide that the HTC One (M8) will be available in stores on the 1st of April. To help you decide which carrier you should buy the smartphone from, we have collated the va...
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
Customers no longer have to choose between an iPhone or a big Android device following the release of Sony's 4.3in Xperia Z1 Compact. The smartphone bundles performance innards with a 20.7MP camera and waterproof credentials, but will this be enough ...
In this guide we show you the ways in which you can use your phone's or tablet's Bluetooth transmitter to send music to your existing stereo system.
LG's original G Pro was named the "Best Smartphone" of last year's Mobile World Congress. Now the company has released its successor, the G Pro 2, and it's looking to take on Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S5. Few details set the two smartphones apart, an...
Google, Samsung and LG have followed in Apple’s footsteps by launching voice-enabled personal assistants. We spent time with each personal assistant to identify which company has developed the strongest offering so far.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW