The new Android home screen may not look much different from the home screens in Jelly Bean or even Ice Cream Sandwich, but it gives us a better understanding of what Google may want Android to look like in the future.
Smartphones - Features
Google's Nexus 5 has generated quite the buzz since its release last week. We've managed to hit up Google for a review unit, so low and behold, here's our first impressions.
If it weren't for the software, the Nexus 5 would be just another Android phone.
We've taken the time to gather a list of shortcomings that we believe Google could better address in the next version of Android.
Every day is a tease: Will Google launch Kit Kat today? Was that really the Nexus 5 we saw floating around in that one video? Is this real life?
Google's robot-themed OS has consistently been the first to deliver a number of features that we now take for granted, so now, on the eve of Android's fifth birthday, it's time to give the little green guy the respect he deserves.
Happy birthday, Android! Although you were technically announced six years ago, it wasn't until October 22, 2008, that you made your debut. You've had an interesting five years, and it's only right that we take the time to celebrate one of the most r...
From colour and storage variants, to technical specifications and software features, there appears to be little left to uncover about Google's flagship smartphone for 2013.
According to a report from The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, Apple has cut iPhone 5c orders from assemblers and component partners by up to 50 percent, while increasing orders for the 5s. But don't go shouting "Apple's plastic iPhone is doomed" o...
Get a great look for your iPhone or iPad by downloading a new iOS 7 parallax wallpaper. Here's how to select a new iOS 7 parallax wallpaper, where to download a parallax wallpaper, and how to set a new iOS 7 parallax wallpaper on your iPhone or iPad.
Apple has worked hard over the last few years to turn the iPhone into the world's most widely-used camera by iterating through an increasingly sophisticated combination of hardware and software. This tradition continues with the iPhone 5s, which feat...
The iPhone 5c Case is unlike other Apple offerings: it fails to meet the standard of what you'd expect from similar products, let alone something out of Cupertino.
The iPhone 5s introduces a new Slo-Mo camera mode, in which you can create videos that seamlessly slide from normal video to super-smooth slow-motion action and back again.
Samsung's new Galaxy Note 3 is the company's third-generation Note smartphone, and it's set to be released on Thursday, 3 October in Australia. We've just got our hands on a review unit for a first look!
These days, there's certainly no shortage of available cases for your smartphone. A relatively unique option is Casetagram, which claims to be the first and only company with an app that allows users to produce fully customisable cases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT