It’s iPhone time again and whether you’re a fan or not the whole tech industry gets a lift and the general, less-techie populace gets a lesson on the latest technology.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are worth the upgrade if you want an amazing camera, water resistance, and better battery life.
If you weren't testing out the beta version of iOS 10, be careful when updating your iPhone.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
The Motorola Gleam is a stylish feature phone (aka dumb phone) with a flip design, a proprietary operating system, no 3G connectivity and no third-party apps.
Sony Ericsson has been busy of late, focussing most of its attention on its XPERIA range of Google Android smartphones like the XPERIA Play and XPERIA Arc. However, the company seems intent on being extremely competitive in the low-end of the market — its txt mobile phone brings a full QWERTY keyboard and built-in social networking applications to the entry level market.
Sony Ericsson has recently focussed on delivering XPERIA branded handsets that run Google's Android operating system, but the txt pro is an entirely different beast -- it runs a proprietary operating system.
Sony Ericsson has decided to resurrect its once dominant Walkman mobile phone brand, but surprisingly opts for its own, proprietary operating system on the new Mix Walkman handset.
Though smartphones like the iPhone continue to rise in popularity, Swedish company Doro claims senior users are put off purchasing phones because of 'small keypads, hard-to-read fonts and complicated functionality'. Enter the Doro PhoneEasy 410s: a comfortable flip phone specifically designed for senior users. It boasts extra large buttons, an easy to read display and a simple user interface as key features.
A very basic handset that lacks the bells and whistles of smartphones like the iPhone, Motorola's WX395 is ideal for use as an entry-level mobile phone or as a secondary phone. The WX395 is a fuss-free handset designed to make calls and send texts.
Dubbed the Corby Plus in many overseas markets but changed in Australia to avoid associations with the Schapelle Corby drama, the Samsung B3410 is an entry-level touchscreen mobile phone that includes a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Its lack of 3G connectivity is disappointing, but the B3410's resistive touchscreen and intuitive interface make it a decent proposition for budget shoppers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA