Just as it's done with the Pixel line, Google may eschew partnering with a third-party hardware maker for a high-end device.
This is likely the smaller and cheaper of two Nexus phones that HTC is building for Google this fall.
The next iPhone will ship with iOS 10—and everything we know about iOS 10 today can give us hints about the phone before it's even unveiled.
We round up the latest rumors on Samsung's next phone-tablet hybrid device.
Microsoft started pushing its Wallet. 2.0 app to Windows Insiders, bringing much-needed NFC tap-to-pay support to Windows 10 phones.
You'll at least get two free years of Google Photos storage if you opt for one of Moto's thin phones.
Microsoft Wallet 2.0, coming as part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, will let you pay via NFC credit card terminals, and will support loyalty cards from a range of US-based merchants.
With a 3D printer and a lot of trial and error, a clever developer has created the most unholy of smartphone alliances.
This would put Samsung at the forefront of display innovation, but it's unclear if the world needs this kind of breakthrough.
It's not out yet, but you'll love what Google's added to the preview version of its next version of its mobile operating system.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
Down, but not out: Microsoft is laying off another 1,850 staff from its smartphone hardware business, but says it isn't leaving the market completely.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia