Citrix has developed Project GoldenGate, a prototype e-mail application for smartphones and tablets that can secure e-mails based on location and adapt the user interface depending on the device.
Some wireless application developers are hesitant about next week's launch of Windows Phone 7 devices, preferring to wait and see how the phones sell before investing big in the platform.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android OS dominate the new non-BlackBerry installations in enterprises across the globe between July and September 2010, according to Good Technology's tally of what the mobility management vendor's customers are deploying. ...
To paraphrase American author Mark Twain, the rumors of the death of WebOS have been greatly exaggerated. An HP executive has confirmed that new WebOS smartphones will be introduced by HP in early 2011.
Mobile operating systems will be key to changing the way enterprises work, AT&T's chief of mobility said on Wednesday.
Motorola has filed two patent lawsuits and a patent complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) alleging that a wide range of Apple products infringe its patents.
The last time Nielsen declared Android to be the most popular smartphone operating system in the United States, Google's victory was incomplete. Apple hadn't launched the iPhone 4 yet, and sales were bound to spike in the months that followed.
Skype on Tuesday launched Skype for Android, its version of the VoIP software for all phones running on the Google Android operating system. The app, which had been exclusive to Verizon phones, is now available in the Android Market for any Android p...
New statistics from Nielsen show that smartphone buyers in the United States are favoring the Android platform. With that trend, Android continues to gain on Apple iOS and RIM BlackBerry in overall market share, and is on a trajectory to become the l...
Intel is developing a tool that will make it easier for developers to port iPhone applications to Intel-based smartphones, tablets and other devices, a company executive said Tuesday.
Symantec today announced that its mobile device management software now supports Apple iOS and Google Android, via Microsoft's Enterprise ActiveSync protocol, which both platforms support. The release is part of an expanded push by the security vendo...
Android is the most popular mobile operating system among consumers who bought a smartphone in the past six months, according to new research from Nielsen.
Google has made a sweeping request that a court throw out the copyright- and patent-infringement lawsuit filed in August by Oracle over Java use in Android, a popular, open-source mobile-phone platform created by Google.
Android smartphone owners can now download a free Skype client from the Android Market that will let them make voice calls over mobile data or Wi-Fi connections -- except in the U.S., where it will work over Wi-Fi only.
Australia's biggest telco Telstra has flagged plans to launch its own Android-based handheld tablet device into the midst of a market which is about to explode with options from Apple, Samsung, Dell and more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW