What a day for Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia's outgoing executive formerly in charge of the mobile phone giant's phone division.
Smartphones - News
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), India’s oldest exchange, has introduced mobile trading in India, potentially increasing the number of retail investors in the country.
Nokia has delayed shipment of the N8, the first mobile phone to run the latest version of Symbian software and a device meant to turn around the company's slump.
Apple on Monday announced that it will launch the iPhone 4 in China on Saturday.
Facebook said on Monday it is not building a mobile phone, dismissing a TechCrunch story that it is working on software for a device from a hardware manufacturer.
Apple has done enough security-wise with its iPhone and iPad to make many CSOs comfortable with the mobile devices connecting to corporate networks, but Google's Android still has a ways to go.
Rumors Monday that Facebook is building a mobile phone evolved later in the day to a Facebook spokeswoman insisting that the social networking giant simply wants to "integrate deeply into existing platforms and operating systems." And it's not workin...
Even though mobile apps make big headlines, texting is far more widely used.
Apple is launching its iPhone 4 in China this Saturday, 25 September, in what is part of the company's latest push to expand its presence in the Chinese market.
Windows Phone 7 devices coming this fall will initially work with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but will not include carriers of CDMA technology, which include Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel.
Where is Froyo for the Droid X?
Samsung on Thursday said it was opening an entertainment store to bring movies and TV shows to its smartphones and upcoming Galaxy Tab tablet.
A Russian company plans to spice up the Android formula with a smartphone that has screens on the front and back sides.
Research In Motion reported revenue gains of nine per cent in its latest financial quarter, driven by Blackberry subscriber gains and record device sales, the company said Thursday.
Google's Android mobile operating system is slowly chipping away at the market share lead of iOS from Apple and BlackBerry from Research In Motion, according to a report from ComScore. The report highlights Android's growth this summer, noting that i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW