South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Shortages of Android-based HTC Evo and HTC Droid Incredible smartphones were expected to spur sales of the Motorola Droid X, which first went on sale July 15.
Mobile telco VHA has released its iPhone 4 pricing for its Vodafone and 3 brands. The news follows a raft of similar announcements on how and at what price Apple’s latest handset will launch in Australia late on Thursday night.
The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Extending protection against unauthorized use of applications, stewards of the Google-backed Android mobile platform Tuesday unveiled a licensing service for applications in the Android Market.
Does iOS 4 draw more juice than iOS 3? Short answer: yes, says Aaron Vronko, CEO of Rapid Repair, an iPhone and iPod repair shop.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
Telstra, Optus and Apple itself this morning released their respective local pricing details for the iPhone 4, with the big T also confirming it would open its stores around Australia at midnight on Thursday night to give full access to customers kee...
The offshore storage of data by Research In Motion for its BlackBerry smartphones conflicts with a 2007 law passed in the United Arab Emirates, the country's telecommunications regulator has said.
Apple lost its bid today to criminalise "jailbreaking," the practice of hacking an iPhone to install unauthorized apps on the smartphone, according to a decision by the U.S. Copyright Office and the Library of Congress.
Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Aussie shores. While US consumers were able to get their hands on Apple's latest gadget on 24 June, Australians had to wait until 30 July.
Optus this morning confirmed plans to launch Apple's latest iPhone 4 handset at midnight launches around the country on Thursday night
The CTIA, a group representing mobile operators, is trying to block a San Francisco ordinance that would require stores to disclose radiation levels for the phones they sell.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA