Apple today reversed its decision earlier in the year that barred developers from using rival programming tools, including one that has since been discontinued by Adobe, to build applications for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Smartphones - News
Smartphones are among employees' favorite playthings, but keeping workplace toys like the iPhone in good order is a real job in the enterprise, and those that do it say it's tough to find suitable security and management software.
Google officially introduced its new "Instant" search for desktop search at an event today in San Francisco, but I couldn't help looking forward a little bit toward using Instant on a mobile device. Google already has a prototype, and says the new fu...
Arm Holdings has taken the wraps off its next major chip design, promising a five-fold increase in performance that the company hopes will take it beyond smartphones and into new types of equipment such as high-performance routers and servers.
Apple released version 4.1 of iOS, its mobile operating system, promising several new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements for users of the iPhone and iPod Touch. iOS 4.1 offers access to Game Center, FaceTime calling from the iPhone app...
The Samsung Fascinate smartphone goes on sale online Wednesday for $US199.99 after rebate and will be in Verizon Wireless stores on Thursday.
Apple has revealed that the iOS 4.1 update will be launched tomorrow.
An upcoming Android-powered phone from HTC and Verizon will support both CDMA and GSM, according to documents leaked in the past few days by the Federal Communications Commission.
As expected, Apple today released the iOS 4.1 update for its iPhone and iPod Touch.
As mobile service providers compete for the data market in Africa, manufacturers are scrambling for deals to supply data-enabled handsets, a move that will likely reduce the cost of mobile devices in the region.
Samsung announced that it is entering the arena for dual-core mobile processors. Joining rival platforms like the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the Tegra 2, Samsung will soon have a dual-core A9 processor--codenamed "Orion"--available for smartphones and t...
Business and consumer demand for smartphones is growing rapidly, but no single mobile operating system will rule the market in the way that Windows dominates personal computers.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Samsung has announced a dual-core application processor for tablets PCs, netbooks and smartphones that will be able to handle 1080p video playback and recording, the company said on Tuesday.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW