Scant hours before Apple's latest hyped handset is slated to go on sale at midnight tonight in Australia, Optus subsidiary Virgin Mobile has released its pricing for the device.
On the eve on the Apple iPhone4 launch in Australia, we round up all the events planned for midnight tonight around Sydney by the big three telco providers -- with events ranging from the left field to the glamorous.
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Shortages of Android-based HTC Evo and HTC Droid Incredible smartphones were expected to spur sales of the Motorola Droid X, which first went on sale July 15.
Mobile telco VHA has released its iPhone 4 pricing for its Vodafone and 3 brands. The news follows a raft of similar announcements on how and at what price Apple’s latest handset will launch in Australia late on Thursday night.
The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Extending protection against unauthorized use of applications, stewards of the Google-backed Android mobile platform Tuesday unveiled a licensing service for applications in the Android Market.
Does iOS 4 draw more juice than iOS 3? Short answer: yes, says Aaron Vronko, CEO of Rapid Repair, an iPhone and iPod repair shop.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
Telstra, Optus and Apple itself this morning released their respective local pricing details for the iPhone 4, with the big T also confirming it would open its stores around Australia at midnight on Thursday night to give full access to customers kee...
The offshore storage of data by Research In Motion for its BlackBerry smartphones conflicts with a 2007 law passed in the United Arab Emirates, the country's telecommunications regulator has said.
Apple lost its bid today to criminalise "jailbreaking," the practice of hacking an iPhone to install unauthorized apps on the smartphone, according to a decision by the U.S. Copyright Office and the Library of Congress.
Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Aussie shores. While US consumers were able to get their hands on Apple's latest gadget on 24 June, Australians had to wait until 30 July.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW