Researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology are harvesting energy through activities like walking or running that could power or recharge smartphones and portable music players in the future.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Worldwide mobile game sales are forecast to pass USD$5.6 billion in 2010, according to research firm Gartner, which would represent a 19 per cent increase from 2009 revenue figures of $4.7 billion.
Friends, readers, Kindlemen: Allow me to pose a question. If you could get digital books on the smartphone you already carry, would you still buy a dedicated e-reader?
Hewlett-Packard has already said it will use Palm's webOS in smartphones and slate computers, but on Tuesday it revealed it has another category of products in mind: printers.
Kindle software for some Android smartphones will soon be available for free, granting access to 500,000 Kindle e-books, according to Amazon.com.
Visa expects soon to begin trials of contactless payments system for Apple's iPhone, using a special case for the phone developed by DeviceFidelity.
Semiconductor research firm Chipworks has disassembled Microsoft's Kin Two smartphone to find that the device is powered by an aging Tegra chip from Nvidia that could be outdated by the end of this year.
Facebook is launching a new mobile site designed to be a speedier and cheaper option to its main mobile site.
Controlling a coilgun from your iPhone? I guess there's an app for that too!
The 10-year Interphone study of the health effects of mobile-phone use has found no increased risk of two types of brain tumors. Although some of the data shows an increased risk for some mobile-phone users, the possibility of errors prevents researc...
Koryolink, North Korea's only 3G cellular operator, saw sales more than double in the first three months of this year as it expanded its network coverage and enjoyed continued demand for its service.
Gameloft is one of the foremost mobile phone video games companies, so it should come as no surprise that the publisher is figuring out new ways of putting its games onto phones.
"Can you hear me now?" As much marketing hype as 3G wireless networks have received, the fact remains that customers of all the major wireless providers are frequently frustrated with their service's poor voice quality and dropped calls. With 4G loom...
It’s one thing to know what the next iPhone is going to look like. It’s an entirely different matter to know what phones will be like a few years down the road.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge: On sale in Australia April 10 from $999
- Telstra readies for Galaxy S6 launch with bonus data and bundled Presto
- Tech from Sony, JBL packed into Alcatel OneTouch's sub-$300 flagship
- Android NFC payments switched on at Commonwealth Bank
- Fujitsu's thin heat pipe could let smartphone chips run cooler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW