Apple's iPhone 4 signal problems have been the source of a barrage of complaints by customers complaining of a faulty antenna and now Steve Jobs has broken the silence. In an e-mail Jobs downplayed users' reception gripes as a "non-issue." Meanwhile...
If you managed to get your hands on Apple's hotly anticipated iPhone 4, the next step may be to purchase a new set of accessories. The iPhone 4 features a new shape and design, preventing the smartphone from fitting into older iPhone docks and cases....
The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) has launched a formal investigation into four patent complaints filed against Apple by computer graphics hardware maker S3 Graphics, which asked the agency to block Apple from importing the iPhone, iPad...
Short range communication using NFC (Near Field Communication) circuitry embedded in mobile phones has had a difficult journey to market, but it may soon see light at the end of the tunnel with increasing adoption for city transit projects, according...
It was surely only the purest coincidence that Verizon, Motorola and Google introduced the Droid X smartphone the day before Apple's iPhone 4 shipped. And certainly, the companies' ability to get actual shipping units into reviewers' hands before mos...
Now that <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/search?qt=apple">Apple</a> has successfully launched this year's <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/199827/hands_on_with_iphone_4.html">iPhone</a>, what can we expect next from Cupertino? Here are five st...
Google has released the source code to the new 2.2 version of Android ("Froyo") to its partners, and also revealed that 160,000 Android powered devices are activated daily.
Complaints of iPhone 4 antenna problems and screen discoloration are pouring in from frustrated iPhone buyers grappling with what they claim are flaws in the popular new handset. The good news is there are a few potential fixes for what might ail you...
If there ever was an over-hyped product, it's... well, actually, it's the iPad. But the iPhone 4 is close on its heels. But even after all the hoopla -- from the speculation and rumors to the "lost" phone incident and police action -- the arrival of ...
If early reports of iPhone 4 problems are any indication of what's ahead the thousands of giddy Apple faithful, waiting in line for an iPhone, there could be trouble ahead. Some early iPhone 4 owners are reporting a few minor problems you should be a...
Android smartphone users can now place calls to their Android smartphone user contacts around the world absolutely free thanks to an updated app from Rebtel. Based in Sweden, Rebtel--which claims to be the world's largest independent mobile VoIP prov...
Google disclosed in a blog post on Thursday that it remotely removed two applications from Android phones that ran contrary to the terms of the Android Market.
With a pre-order reservation and an early arrival time of 6:55am to New York's grandiose West 14th Street Apple Store, I still expected a long wait for a factory-fresh iPhone 4.
Chinese networking and telecommunications company Huawei will launch a Google Android-powered tablet in Australia by the end of 2010. The company claims the tablet's low price point will make it an appealing alternative to Apple's iPad.
Optus has confirmed it will sell the iPhone 4 in Australia when it launches in "late July".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Newer, stronger security core for Google's Android N
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia