There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
Smartphones - News
The global smartphone market saw its first year-on-year decline in the first quarter, with both Samsung Electronics and Apple shipping fewer phones, according to a research firm.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
This could be a sign that Google's beta build of Android could come to more non-Nexus devices.
It seems no flagship phone line is complete without some type of pink option.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Which battery case should you get? Watch as we review Apple’s ergonomic Smart Battery Case, Mophie’s more affordable Juice Pack Reserve, and Kuke’s battery case with external storage options.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
A programmable shortcut button can launch a favorite app with one tap on the case.
Microsoft has its own mobile operating system, but that hasn't stopped it from opening a public beta for a new iPhone keyboard.
HTC’s new flagship doesn’t offer a lot of frills or gimmicks, but gets the basics right.
Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Love the manual camera controls. Love the display. The battery-swapping scheme is better than ever, but the LG G5 still has a few problems.
Executive News Editor Ken Mingis talks with Apple expert Michael deAgonia about the new iPhone SE (in Rose Gold!) and takes Senior Editor Keith Shaw's gadget quiz.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Allo 2.0 update brings app shortcuts, GIF keyboard support, and several new features
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW