Down, but not out: Microsoft is laying off another 1,850 staff from its smartphone hardware business, but says it isn't leaving the market completely.
Smartphones - News
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
The PCWorld Show Episode 17: Google I/O brings Google Home smart hub, Android Auto everywhere and more
Jon, Mark, and Melissa find plenty of consumer news coming out of Google's I/O developer conference: an Amazon Echo knock-off called Google Home, a way to put Android Auto in every car, and a Google Assistant so helpful it even suggests replies while...
Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Vodafone has carried out wireless network trials using the emerging Narrow Band-IoT (NB-IoT) standard.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT