Arm Holdings has taken the wraps off its next major chip design, promising a five-fold increase in performance that the company hopes will take it beyond smartphones and into new types of equipment such as high-performance routers and servers.
Apple released version 4.1 of iOS, its mobile operating system, promising several new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements for users of the iPhone and iPod Touch. iOS 4.1 offers access to Game Center, FaceTime calling from the iPhone app...
The Samsung Fascinate smartphone goes on sale online Wednesday for $US199.99 after rebate and will be in Verizon Wireless stores on Thursday.
Apple has revealed that the iOS 4.1 update will be launched tomorrow.
An upcoming Android-powered phone from HTC and Verizon will support both CDMA and GSM, according to documents leaked in the past few days by the Federal Communications Commission.
As expected, Apple today released the iOS 4.1 update for its iPhone and iPod Touch.
As mobile service providers compete for the data market in Africa, manufacturers are scrambling for deals to supply data-enabled handsets, a move that will likely reduce the cost of mobile devices in the region.
Samsung announced that it is entering the arena for dual-core mobile processors. Joining rival platforms like the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the Tegra 2, Samsung will soon have a dual-core A9 processor--codenamed "Orion"--available for smartphones and t...
Business and consumer demand for smartphones is growing rapidly, but no single mobile operating system will rule the market in the way that Windows dominates personal computers.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Samsung has announced a dual-core application processor for tablets PCs, netbooks and smartphones that will be able to handle 1080p video playback and recording, the company said on Tuesday.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Look out Google, you may have a new, unlikely challenger.
Even as Mozilla's Firefox recently garnered the No. 2 spot in the worldwide Web browser market overall, the software has taken a step closer to staking its claim on the Android platform as well.
Only two days left until Apple releases the first major upgrade to the iOS 4 mobile operating system on Wednesday, September 8.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT