Apple's iPhone 4 boasts 512MB of system memory, double the amount in last year's iPhone 3GS and the newer iPad tablet, Computerworld has confirmed.
Microsoft is confirming that "many thousands" of pre-release Windows Phone 7 handsets will be given to selected developers starting in July, but confusion over how that will be done continues.
Swype's software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard is now available in beta version for Android.
Motorola on Thursday announced a smartphone for the enterprise market that combines aesthetics with business functionality.
Vendors are adding cheaper and simpler Android-based phones to their portfolios, in an effort to put smartphones in the hands of more users. The products will also help close the gap between Android and Apple's iPhone, according to analysts.
Verizon, Motorola, and Adobe have announced they will be introducing the next generation of Droid mobile devices on Wednesday, June 23. The Droid launch comes just one day before Apple officially launches iPhone 4, the next-generation of Cupertino's ...
Preferring to err on the side of caution, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Tuesday voted 10-1 to require cell phone makers to post notices in their stores with details on the level of radiation each model emits.
While it may not be on the scale of the BP oil spill, Apple and AT&T do have a public relations debacle on their hands as iPhone fans are furious about the collapse of AT&T's online preorder system.
Facing continued pressure from Apple and other smartphone makers, Nokia on Wednesday warned that its second quarter earnings would be lower than expected.
Apple on Wednesday said that it saw the largest numbers of iPhone 4 pre-orders the company has ever taken in a single day, with 600,000 devices sold already.
Government ministers have been banned from using Apple's iPhone.
Samsung has added the Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5 to its portfolio of Android-based smartphones, it said on Tuesday at CommunicAsia2010 in Singapore. Both phones are on the low-end of the scale when it comes to price and features.
The Torch 9800 could well be the name for Research in Motion's upcoming slider smartphone that features both a touch screen and physical keyboard as well as the next BlackBerry operating system.
Apple's preordering system for the iPhone 4 appeared overloaded or broken on Tuesday with many complaining they were locked out from ordering the phone online in advance of its June 24 launch. Thousands of those that visited Apple's preorder page at ...
Samsung is second only to Nokia in global cell phone sales, and recently posted record earnings. However, like Nokia, Samsung has had little to offer in terms of next-generation mobile devices like cutting edge smartphones or tablets...until now. Sam...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW