Apple's mobile-device user interface has made it so much easier to access the Internet compared to other mobile devices that its iPod Touch, which isn't even a mobile phone, beats out all mobile phones except the iPhone in terms of volume of Internet...
The cost of calling, texting and accessing the Internet via mobile phones while abroad is about to get cheaper for European residents, following an agreement Tuesday among lawmakers over the shape of a new mobile roaming law.
Toshiba will begin selling its first direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) battery chargers later than expected after it ran into problems securing certain components for them, it said Monday.
Did software engineer Hanjuan Jin, who worked at Motorola for about eight years, steal thousands of confidential and proprietary technical documents to share with competitor Lemko and the People's Republic of China?
Palm reported a continued steep decline in its smartphone revenues for the quarter ending Feb. 27, as it nears the launch of the anticipated Palm Pre with Sprint.
Blackberry manufacturer Research in Motion (RIM) has launched a Web site for users of the smartphones dedicated to the latest news about Earth Hour.
Wi-Fi locator Total Hotspots and Rummble have joined forces to create an app that lets Apple iPhone users search for the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot from their handset no matter where they are in the world.
Palm's revenue plunged in its most recent quarter as the struggling company, preparing for the release of its next-generation device, sold 42 percent fewer smartphones than in the same period last year.
A new survey says millions of Americans expect to cut back on their mobile phone costs to save money if the recession continues as expected.
A programmer "hacking around" with the beta release of the just-announced iPhone 3.0 operating system has stumbled upon the feature that lets a notebook connect to the iPhone and share its Internet connection. He just can't remember how.
The ABC has launched a Web site optimised for mobile phones. On Monday the national broadcaster also unveiled news applications for the iPhone and Google's open source Android operating system for smartphones. Both applications are free to download a...
If it's March, it must be time for Apple Inc. to start beating the iPhone drum.
Two new smartphones from Acer will be available in some markets early next month, while the company's two premium handsets, the M900 and F900 will be out later in the second quarter, according to company representatives.
Acer plans to launch its first non-Windows smartphone in the second half of this year, according to company representatives.
The new iPhone software announced Tuesday has some features that should make enterprise users happy, but it lacks others that could have made the iPhone far more enticing to businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD