Microsoft will introduce an application store with its newest version of Windows Mobile software, it planned to announce at Mobile World Congress, where it also was to formally open a limited beta for its My Phone data backup offering.
Nokia plans to introduce an applications store, initially accessible to about 50 million people, with some innovative social-networking features.
Business travelers will be able to use their BlackBerry smartphones to automatically forward e-mail to their ThinkPad notebook PCs with a US$150 device developed by Lenovo Group and Research in Motion (RIM), the two companies said Monday.
A pair of iPhone developers who sell novelty applications that generate bodily function sound effects are squabbling over the phrase "pull my finger" in US federal court, documents filed last week show.
LG today announced a new flagship mobile phone, the ARENA (KM900).
Hacking an iPhone is against the law, Apple has argued in comments filed with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Sony Ericsson is working on a touchscreen phone with a 12.1-megapixel camera it announced on Sunday, but details on the upcoming Idou device were scarce.
Hewlett-Packard, News Corp.'s MySpace.com division, Bank of America and even Nokia rival Qualcomm have joined the foundation that was formed last year to shepherd the new open-source version of the Symbian mobile operating system.
Developers of Android applications finally will be able to charge consumers for them, ending a few months of free Android downloads and potentially making Google's mobile platform more attractive to developers.
Nokia has announced it will reduce production of mobile phones due to falling demand.
Thousands of Victorian customers have been cut-off from telephony and Internet connectivity as a result of the devastating Victorian bushfires.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
Nokia is closing its R&D site in Jyväskylä, Finland. In the process about 320 employees will be laid off. The company is also making temporary cuts at its production facility in Salo, it announced on Wednesday.
Research In Motion, maker of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, Tuesday warned users of a critical bug that can expose Windows users to attack.
Research In Motion raised its forecast for subscriber additions in the current quarter but warned its profit will come in near the bottom of its previous expectations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW