Google unveiled on Thursday its plans for a store where mobile users can find Android applications, a concept similar to the iPhone's App Store.
Nokia and Lonely Planet today announced a partnership to distribute Lonely Planet content via the Nokia Maps application. Owners of Nokia handsets can now purchase and download Lonely Planet city guides for use on their phones.
LG Electronics will launch in October a netbook-class laptop PC based on Intel's Atom processor that also includes 3G wireless, it said Wednesday at the IFA show in Berlin.
Private information stored in Apple's iPhone and protected by a lock code can be accessed by anyone with just a few button presses.
Sony Ericsson has relaunched its mobile content store PlayNow, renaming it PlayNow Arena and promoting music without the DRM technology some stores use to prevent copying or sharing of songs.
HTC is launching the Windows Mobile-based S740, which drops support for touch in favor of a classic 12-key numberpad and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, it announced on Tuesday.
The use of mobile applications and rich content is on the rise in Australia according to recent research. The latest report from the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA) on mobile phone usage shows that consumers increasingly use...
Google dropped Bluetooth and the GTalkService instant messaging APIs (application program interfaces) from the set of tools for the first version of the mobile phone OS, Android 1.0, according to the Android Developers <a href="http://android-develop...
Apple's iPhone 3G offers "normal" reception, Swedish engineers who tested the smart phone said today, adding to the controversy over recent user reports of dropped calls and slow surfing speeds.
A new mobile phone plan launched today offers a reduced price for users willing to receive mobile advertising.
While developers have been hard at work building Android applications that can use GPS (Global Positioning System), Wi-Fi and cameras, they just discovered they likely won't be able to offer applications that use one common mobile phone feature: Blue...
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Nokia confirmed Thursday its widely used Series 40 operating system has security vulnerabilities that could allow stealth installation and activation of applications.
An Alabama woman filed a lawsuit yesterday against Apple claiming that the company's iPhone 3G drops calls, has trouble connecting to AT&T's network and is slower than advertised.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW