Putting Intel's Moorestown chip package inside a future version of the iPhone would make the smart phone less secure, according to an independent security researcher.
Smartphones - News
Companies running mobile web sites can integrate content from Google Docs, Picasa or Flickr to create mobile mashups adapted for any phone with a browser using updated software from Volantis Systems, the company said on Wednesday.
Global mobile phone shipments in the third quarter showed the effects of the worldwide financial crisis, falling significantly from previous quarters, research firm IDC said Thursday.
Motorola Thursday announced a radical shift in its mobile phone business, saying there would be fewer shipments of phone models early next year but that the company plans to ship its first Android smart phone by the 2009 Christmas sales season.
Counter-intuitive as it sounds, lower-income buyers are driving sales of Apple's iPhone 3G, a Web metrics company said Thursday.
Motorola plunged to a US$397 million loss in the third quarter, unable to control costs to match its declining revenue. The company announced plans to cut costs by $800 million in 2009, but has postponed plans to sell its loss-making mobile devices d...
Some of the new applications loaded to the Android Market since it opened on Monday don't work very well, crash the phone, aren't particularly elegant and in one case, uses commands written in Chinese.
With no popular phones released for this holiday season, and hardly any this year, Motorola is <a href=" http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122523624204277979.html">set to revamp</a> its entire mobile phone division with the help of Google's mobile oper...
Optus today announced an Australian first: allowing prepaid customers to borrow $3 worth of phone credit when they run out.
The BlackBerry Partners Fund, launched earlier this year, announced its first investments in companies that support mobile commerce, help travelers and offer location-based entertainment information.
Nokia continues to push its gaming platform N-Gage, announcing new games at the Nokia Games Summit in Rome on Wednesday. More games and mobile phones with embedded support for the platform are needed for the N-Gage to become a success, according to a...
A quarter of UK legal firms admit that they have misplaced at least one mobile device containing confidential documents, a survey has shown.
A noted security researcher Monday warned users of T-Mobile's G1 smart phone that a critical vulnerability in Google's Android operating system could be used to hack their phones.
Owners of the Android-powered G1 handset seem more anxious to get things done with it than to play games, according to download statistics from the long-awaited phone's first few days on sale.
The Android Market currently has about 50 applications, but that number should go up next week when Google opens the market to developers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW