Nokia announced that its highly anticipated N8 smartphone started shipping this week, amid reports last week of delays in shipping the device to those who preordered the phone. The N8 is Nokia's latest attempt to regain its share of the smartphone ma...
The Web page once reserved for Google's Nexus One phone is now a monument to Android phones in general -- or at least the ones Google likes best.
Nokia announced that the highly-anticipated N8 smartphone is now shipping -- although it reportedly won't arrive in the United States for another four weeks. The N8 has some impressive features, but the question is whether or not the smartphone is im...
Network management vendor William Data Systems says it has created an iPhone app that lets users manage IBM's z/OS mainframe environment.
Apple's rollout of the iPhone 4 in June temporarily slowed down demand for Google Android smartphones, but a new study shows consumers are again very hungry for Android devices.
Worried your Android apps are spying on you? You should be, according to a recent study that found several popular Android Apps regularly share your location and critical phone data such as your phone number with advertisers and others. Researchers...
Microsoft may be one of the only remaining mobile operating-system providers that charges handset makers a licensing fee, but in exchange vendors get at least one important benefit: protection from intellectual property worries.
Acknowledging Microsoft's current, non-contending status in the smartphone space, a Microsoft official Thursday stressed that the new Windows Phone 7 platform would get the company back into the race.
The first units of Nokia's N8 have left factories in China and Finland, and the smartphone will become broadly available in the coming weeks, the company said on Thursday.
A free Android application to be unveiled on Thursday at the Mobilize conference in San Francisco will let mobile phone users send and receive text messages without touching or looking at the phone.
Facebook has launched its 'Places' feature in the Australian market, delivering location functionality to Australian users in a similar manner as existing players Foursquare and Gowalla.
So far, Nokia's new Symbian phone, the N8, is getting lukewarm reviews, and few are willing to bet on anything except its slow demise. There are reasons, mainly its operating system, that make the phone a very hard sell to Americans consuming both A...
Android’s growing success as a smartphone operating system is bringing a long-simmering problem to light: A lot of Android applications are being pirated. The openness of the platform has made it easy for people to steal applications without paying f...
A recent test of prototype security code for Android phones found that 15 of 30 free Android Market applications sent users' private information to remote advertising servers, without the users being aware of what was being sent or to whom. In some c...
It looks like we'll finally be seeing an official Google Voice App for the iPhone in the App Store. TechCrunch reports that not only should we expect to see the official app in the App Store soon, but that it's already been approved by the higher-ups...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT