3 Australia today announced that it will exclusively offer the INQ mobile phone in Australia.
Smartphones - News
Nokia's E63 smartphone, announced Wednesday, will cost US$250 before any subsidies -- a price that puts the phone maker ahead in a burgeoning price war and which one analyst described as "eye-popping."
Sony Ericsson's Xperia X1 will go on sale in the U.S. the day after Thanksgiving, but at US$800 the touch-screen phone may be a tough sell, particularly because it will most likely be used on AT&T's network, the exclusive distributor of the popul...
Chinese network company Huawei Technologies is planning to launch smartphones based on the Android and Symbian operating systems in the first half of 2009, according to James Chen, director of marketing for the company's terminals division. It will a...
Researchers from Nokia and the University of California in Berkeley will go live with a new project this week that aims to cull GPS data from thousands of mobile phones in order to tell drivers which San Francisco Bay Area roads are backed up and whi...
Antivirus developer SMobile released software this week to protect users of the G1 Android phone, although one security analyst wondered if people really need it.
Google's Android mobile platform doesn't "bubble up to the top" of Microsoft's list of toughest competitors to Windows Mobile in the market for smartphone OSes, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Thursday.
The average user of the Android-based G1 phone has downloaded 14 applications, out of 200 now available on the Android Marketplace, a Google executive said Wednesday.
Even though Apple recently upgraded the back-end infrastructure of its problem-plagued MobileMe, the online service was offline for nearly six hours Monday, according to a Web uptime measurement company.
As competition in the mobile phone market heats up, two companies with flagging momentum are teaming up to try to compete better with the market leaders.
Motorola has completed its first over-the-air data transmission using Long-Term Evolution technology over 700MHz spectrum.
Google will reportedly add SMS sending capabilities to Gmail Chat today which will now let desktop Gmail users swap instant messages with mobile phone users via SMS protocol. Previously Gmail users could communicate to mobile phone users, but were li...
Putting Intel's Moorestown chip package inside a future version of the iPhone would make the smart phone less secure, according to an independent security researcher.
Companies running mobile web sites can integrate content from Google Docs, Picasa or Flickr to create mobile mashups adapted for any phone with a browser using updated software from Volantis Systems, the company said on Wednesday.
Global mobile phone shipments in the third quarter showed the effects of the worldwide financial crisis, falling significantly from previous quarters, research firm IDC said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Allo 2.0 update brings app shortcuts, GIF keyboard support, and several new features
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Case Developer - GovernmentNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 161107/ITA/986Asia
- CCSecurity ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystSA
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW