Yahoo announced Wednesday at the CTIA trade show that it has expanded Blueprint, a mobile development platform, to allow developers to build applications for mobile devices running Java, Windows Mobile and Symbian operating systems.
Vodafone Australia has introduced a series of new business cap plans for the next-generation of smartphones such as the BlackBerry Bold.
Freshtel Holdings Limited [ASX: FRE] has launched a new mobile internet telephony service for Australian customers.
Apple will refresh its iPod line this week at an event in San Francisco, but it's uncertain what, if anything else, it will spring on customers, analysts said Monday.
Nokia is expanding the capabilities of its online content-sharing site, Ovi, as it steps up competition with other providers of services that link mobile phones to online services.
Telstra BigPond has announced it has exclusive Australian mobile rights to the multiplayer version of Spore.
If instead of writing this story I were telling it to you on my mobile phone, while rushing through an International Airport past crying babies and boarding announcements, you probably wouldn't understand half of what I'm about to say.
A Google executive Thursday heaped praise on Apple's iPhone, even with his company set to challenge Apple in this same space with its Android mobile computing platform.
Freshtel Holdings Limited [ASX: FRE] subsidiary Tesco Teleecoms has launched a new converged technology internet telephony service.
An iPhone 3G customer has filed the second lawsuit against Apple and US telecommunications provider AT&T over the popular phone. This one, by William J. Gillis Jr., was filed in San Diego, California and charges that the two companies deliberately mi...
Sony Ericsson wants Windows Mobile developers to start working on applications for its Xperia X1 and on Wednesday it announced a tailor-made SDK (software development kit) for the upcoming smartphone.
The Nokia N96 smartphone has started shipping, the Finnish phone giant said Wednesday.
In yet another example of Google's expanding influence, the search company's co-founder, Sergey Brin, said he expects the new Chrome browser to eventually become part of the Android wireless phone platform, which is under separate development by the ...
Microsoft is preparing to launch in the next few months a Web site called Skymarket to sell Windows Mobile OS applications, a job advertisement suggests.
Intel has snapped up British Linux house Opened Hand in another sign of the growing interest in the use of the operating system on mobile devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW