Samsung on Thursday said it was opening an entertainment store to bring movies and TV shows to its smartphones and upcoming Galaxy Tab tablet.
Smartphones - News
A Russian company plans to spice up the Android formula with a smartphone that has screens on the front and back sides.
Research In Motion reported revenue gains of nine per cent in its latest financial quarter, driven by Blackberry subscriber gains and record device sales, the company said Thursday.
Google's Android mobile operating system is slowly chipping away at the market share lead of iOS from Apple and BlackBerry from Research In Motion, according to a report from ComScore. The report highlights Android's growth this summer, noting that i...
Google's Android platform was the only operating system to gain users from May through June, a sign that Android may soon dominate the smartphone market, according to ComScore.
Verizon Wireless confirmed Thursday that the Android 2.2 update known as Froyo will not be provided for the Droid Eris smartphone, outraging some customers.
Well, well -- it looks like Apple isn't the only phone-maker saying no-no to the naughty-naughty.
Verizon Wireless today announced that Android smartphones using its network can now use Good Technology's security and management software.
Microsoft's release today of the final version of its Windows Phone 7 development tools signals a shift in the campaign to re-launch its mobile business: from an intense behind-the-scenes focus on enlisting developer support to more visible marketing...
A new service designed to help Australians recover their lost gadgets has been launched today.
Is Telstra's Australia's best mobile carrier? According to GoodGearGuide's readers it is, winning 38 per cent of the votes in our latest online poll.
Telstra has begun developing applications for Google's Android mobile operating system, starting with a video-on-demand National Rugby League (NRL) application.
The future of computing is all about devices that are not just smarter than today's, but are also more aware of the habits and day-to-day lives of their users, says Justin Rattner, Intel's Chief Technology Officer.
Mobile telco VHA has secured an exclusive deal with HTC to launch the Asian manufacturer's new Android-based HTC Desire HD handset in Australia, one-upping Telstra’s existing control of the original Desire.
Apple may want HTC to stop selling Android-based phones, but HTC refuses to slow down and launched two new devices Wednesday to great fanfare. The phones may be new to the rest of the world but U.S. users will recognize the devices, called the Desir...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- TPGIS Project ManagerVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW