Mobile telco VHA has secured an exclusive deal with HTC to launch the Asian manufacturer's new Android-based HTC Desire HD handset in Australia, one-upping Telstra’s existing control of the original Desire.
Smartphones - News
Apple may want HTC to stop selling Android-based phones, but HTC refuses to slow down and launched two new devices Wednesday to great fanfare. The phones may be new to the rest of the world but U.S. users will recognize the devices, called the Desir...
Consumer Reports bashed Apple's plan to ditch its automatic free case program for iPhone 4 owners, saying the move was "not acceptable" because it put the burden on customers.
It's lonely at the top, as the old saying goes, and that appears to be just as true for technologies as it is for people.
Telstra today promised customers the long-awaited Android 2.2 update (Froyo) would be introduced to its flagship HTC Desire handsets within the next four weeks.
Telstra has promised customers the long-awaited Android 2.2 update (Froyo) would be introduced to its flagship HTC Desire handsets within the next four weeks.
Consumer Reports, one of the most widely respected consumer advocacy resources, is once again slamming the Apple iPhone 4. In response to Apple's decision to end the free case program it implemented to address the iPhone 4 "antennagate" issue, Consum...
LG Australia has announced two new mid-range Android smartphones -- the Optimus One and Optimus Chic -- and both run the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Google's Android operating system.
A client-server infrastructure for enterprise mobile applications has been expanded to include Apple's iOS and, most recently, Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS.
Nokia today confirmed that Chairman Jorma Ollila plans to resign in 2012, marking more sweeping changes as the company tries to win back leadership of a complex market with new smartphones.
Nokia wants to "re-enter" the U.S. market and is developing smartphones for U.S. consumers, but the phone maker won't be building more CDMA-based phones, which run on half the nation's wireless networks, Nokia's global head of sales said Tuesday.
Google has released a breakdown of Android releases running on active smartphones, tablets and other devices and the results show that the latest versions are taking off along with Android itself.
There's mounting evidence that smartphones and mobile devices are increasing the use of social networks and microblogging sites.
Researchers at Fujitsu Laboratories have developed a wireless charging system that they say can simultaneously charge a variety of portable gadgets over a distance of several centimeters without the need for cables.
ARM announced its next-generation processor, the Cortex A15. Just days after Samsung revealed plans for a dual-core Cortex A9, the 2.5Ghz quad-core A15 steals the thunder and ups the ante for mobile computing power.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA