Despite the hype that's built up around tablet computers and handheld devices with larger screens, Sony Ericsson remains focused on smartphones even as it keeps its future product options open, according to a top company executive.
Qualcomm faces another antitrust complaint in Europe, this time filed by Icera, a U.K. fabless semiconductor company.
Sencha on Thursday is rolling out a mobile application development framework that leverages HTML5 technologies.
Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Apple's iPad may soon put a stake in the heart of netbooks, research analysts said this week.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
U.K. government ministers are not allowed to use Apple's iPhone but Blackberries are fine, presumably for security reasons, according Health Secretary Simon Burns .
Microsoft is running a contest looking for ideas for Windows Phone 7 apps, offering the winner US$5,000, a free phone and a promise to actually develop and offer the app by the end of the year.
Apple's iPhone 4 boasts 512MB of system memory, double the amount in last year's iPhone 3GS and the newer iPad tablet, Computerworld has confirmed.
Microsoft is confirming that "many thousands" of pre-release Windows Phone 7 handsets will be given to selected developers starting in July, but confusion over how that will be done continues.
Swype's software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard is now available in beta version for Android.
Motorola on Thursday announced a smartphone for the enterprise market that combines aesthetics with business functionality.
Vendors are adding cheaper and simpler Android-based phones to their portfolios, in an effort to put smartphones in the hands of more users. The products will also help close the gap between Android and Apple's iPhone, according to analysts.
Verizon, Motorola, and Adobe have announced they will be introducing the next generation of Droid mobile devices on Wednesday, June 23. The Droid launch comes just one day before Apple officially launches iPhone 4, the next-generation of Cupertino's ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA