Research in Motion Ltd. today unveiled technology that will allow voice over Wi-Fi calls from its BlackBerry smartphones.
Twitter has acquired Cloudhopper, a provider of mobile phone text messaging infrastructure. Twitter hopes to use the company's expertise to improve the scalability and reach of its SMS (Short Message Service) service, according to a Twitter blog post...
Instant speech translation, a longtime dream of science-fiction writers, is already feasible in certain situations, vendors said at the Mobile Voice Conference in San Francisco on Thursday.
Google has launched a free app for Android-based mobile phones that offers users turn-by-turn voice and visual navigation.
The next version of Bluetooth will be frugal enough with power to run devices using button-cell batteries, the wireless standard's industry special interest group (SIG) has announced.
Nokia reported improved profits and revenue for the first quarter, but both numbers were below analysts' expectations. The company also lowered its operating margin outlook for 2010.
Adobe has flung plenty of mud at Apple for refusing to support Flash on the iPhone and iPad, and Apple's response has always been silence. Not anymore.
In a move that will have geeks feeling giddy with excitement, an iPhone hacker has allegedly managed to install the Android operating system on Apple's smartphone.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday added mobile printing to its enterprise services offerings, giving BlackBerry users a new way to print documents on the go.
Most mobile phones are shipped on airplanes, which has made deliveries vulnerable to the ash cloud that has spread from the Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajökull.
It's been a crazy few days for the gadget blog Gizmodo, ever since the site published detailed information about a new iPhone prototype that may or may not be the next-generation iPhone. The device has now been returned to Apple, and some of the last...
If you want to get past Apple's unpredictable App Store censors, it's simple: Just go win a Pulitzer Prize, and/or inspire an online revolution.
Recent statistics released by the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) indicates that consumer complaints relating to mobile premium services (MPS) are dropping.
Apple plans to fuse basic Facebook functionality into the core operating system of its next-generation iPhone expected this summer, according to hackers who have dismantled the OS. The new functionality is said to include the ability to integrate you...
The tech world is reeling from revelations gadget blog Gizmodo obtained an early Apple test unit of what may be the next-generation iPhone. It's not clear if the leaked iPhone is truly the iPhone 4G expected to launch later this year or a prototype s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA