Sony Ericsson is keeping its plans for Android 2.2, also known as Froyo, under wraps, for now.
Chinese handset and telecommunication equipment maker ZTE showed off its first handset designed for Japan, a model that's intended for elderly cell-phone users.
The keyboard on the Motorola Droid makes that smartphone great for cranking out e-mail while you're on the move. The HTC Desire and Google Nexus One are good choices, too, if you don’t mind typing on glass. Why not make your workday more pleasant and...
Telstra has announced that its Next G mobile network has extended its coverage out to sea.
While D3 Publishing is currently working on bringing the next chapter of the Puzzle Quest franchise to the Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS, Namco Networks will deliver the game to PCs as well as Apple's portable iPhone and iPad platforms.
The fourth beta of the iPhone 4.0 OS hints that AT&T might finally enable Internet tethering, after the carrier failed to activate the feature for almost a year since Apple introduced the capability.
Motorola Inc. today announced two managed services to help companies with limited resources keep mobile devices and wireless LANs up and running.
The smartphone's impact on the mobile phone marketplace globally is well-established, but smartphone growth continues its upward trend in fairly astounding degrees, according to market research firm Gartner Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) reported a 13% revenue increase Tuesday for its most recent quarter, a clear sign that IT spending is on the mend.
Researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology are harvesting energy through activities like walking or running that could power or recharge smartphones and portable music players in the future.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Worldwide mobile game sales are forecast to pass USD$5.6 billion in 2010, according to research firm Gartner, which would represent a 19 per cent increase from 2009 revenue figures of $4.7 billion.
Friends, readers, Kindlemen: Allow me to pose a question. If you could get digital books on the smartphone you already carry, would you still buy a dedicated e-reader?
Hewlett-Packard has already said it will use Palm's webOS in smartphones and slate computers, but on Tuesday it revealed it has another category of products in mind: printers.
Kindle software for some Android smartphones will soon be available for free, granting access to 500,000 Kindle e-books, according to Amazon.com.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC