Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
The PCWorld Show Episode 17: Google I/O brings Google Home smart hub, Android Auto everywhere and more
Jon, Mark, and Melissa find plenty of consumer news coming out of Google's I/O developer conference: an Amazon Echo knock-off called Google Home, a way to put Android Auto in every car, and a Google Assistant so helpful it even suggests replies while...
Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Vodafone has carried out wireless network trials using the emerging Narrow Band-IoT (NB-IoT) standard.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Newer, stronger security core for Google's Android N
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW