Motorola Inc. today announced two managed services to help companies with limited resources keep mobile devices and wireless LANs up and running.
The smartphone's impact on the mobile phone marketplace globally is well-established, but smartphone growth continues its upward trend in fairly astounding degrees, according to market research firm Gartner Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) reported a 13% revenue increase Tuesday for its most recent quarter, a clear sign that IT spending is on the mend.
Researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology are harvesting energy through activities like walking or running that could power or recharge smartphones and portable music players in the future.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Worldwide mobile game sales are forecast to pass USD$5.6 billion in 2010, according to research firm Gartner, which would represent a 19 per cent increase from 2009 revenue figures of $4.7 billion.
Friends, readers, Kindlemen: Allow me to pose a question. If you could get digital books on the smartphone you already carry, would you still buy a dedicated e-reader?
Hewlett-Packard has already said it will use Palm's webOS in smartphones and slate computers, but on Tuesday it revealed it has another category of products in mind: printers.
Kindle software for some Android smartphones will soon be available for free, granting access to 500,000 Kindle e-books, according to Amazon.com.
Visa expects soon to begin trials of contactless payments system for Apple's iPhone, using a special case for the phone developed by DeviceFidelity.
Semiconductor research firm Chipworks has disassembled Microsoft's Kin Two smartphone to find that the device is powered by an aging Tegra chip from Nvidia that could be outdated by the end of this year.
Facebook is launching a new mobile site designed to be a speedier and cheaper option to its main mobile site.
Controlling a coilgun from your iPhone? I guess there's an app for that too!
The 10-year Interphone study of the health effects of mobile-phone use has found no increased risk of two types of brain tumors. Although some of the data shows an increased risk for some mobile-phone users, the possibility of errors prevents researc...
Koryolink, North Korea's only 3G cellular operator, saw sales more than double in the first three months of this year as it expanded its network coverage and enjoyed continued demand for its service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- As 5G approaches, 3G and 4G are still getting faster
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia