Recession. What recession? Research in Motion is pushing on ahead with it local expansion plans by formally opening its new regional headquarters in Sydney to serve customers in Australia and New Zealand. As part of the opening, which featured guests...
Smartphones - News
A privacy group is calling Google's new mapping application an "unnecessary danger" to users' security and privacy.
HTC has partnered with Optus to release the first mobile phone in Australia based on Google's Android platform, the Dream.
Motorola Tuesday said its mobile phone revenues fell by 51 percent in the fourth quarter of 2008, and said it plans to improve phone sales in 2009 by developing fewer new handsets with a focus on smartphones that run the Android operating system.
Gizmodo reports that Crackulous, an iPhone application that allows pirated apps to run on jailbroken iPhones, was released. As its name might suggest, Crackulous strips the copy protection scheme put in place on iPhone applications purchased from App...
Apple's affordable App Store may be introducing some slightly steeper prices. The company is planning a "premium" games section with selections starting in the US$20 range, according to an unnamed source quoted in British gaming blog PocketGamer.biz<...
When Dell stopped selling the Axim PDA in 2007, several industry observers predicted that the PC and server maker would eventually move on to sell smart phones.
Mobile user interfaces and a new version of Bluetooth top Gartner Research's list of mobile technologies to watch in 2009 and 2010.
Adelaide-based company NV Phones today launched a range of 10 mobile phone "smart" watches Sydney's Darling Harbour. "I can see in 10-20 years this will actually take over handheld phones", said NV Phones CEO Anthony Cook.
The gales of the Blackberry Storm gales just weren't strong enough to wash away Apple's iPhone success. Between its average reviews and customer complaints over bugs and OS stability, the Storm seems to have severely underperformed in customer satisf...
Smart phones made up about 14 per cent of all mobile devices shipped globally in 2008 and should increase to more than 17 per cent of the total in 2009, according to new projections from ABI Research in New York.
After the approval of the issuance of 3G licenses earlier this year, China confirms it will invest RMB 400 billion ($US58.82 billion) in 3G over the next three years.
PC vendor Acer will launch its first smartphones in mid-February at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Samsung Electronics plans to follow-up its NC10 netbook in the coming few months with a new model and expand its range of smart phones with models based on a number of different operating systems, it said Friday.
Sony CEO Howard Stringer hinted on Thursday that the company has a number of new mobile devices in the pipeline.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTERP Technical Consultant (Dynamics AX)QLD
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia