Two privacy groups on Tuesday asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to regulate how mobile marketers can use consumers' personal information, saying many people don't know when their information is being collected from cell phones and how it's bein...
Smartphones - News
Okay, we're a bit premature here. But that might happen if one analyst's prognostications are true. According to an Electronista report, Shaw Wu of Kaufman Bros. is predicting that Dell is getting closer to launching its first smart phone, although ...
One of the many smart-phone rumors that have been floating around prior to this year's CES is that T-Mobile will unveil the G2, the successor to the Google Android-based G1. People have speculated that the HTC Touch HD, already available overseas, wi...
After selling them for just a few months, Nokia has decided to stop making its N810 WiMax Edition handheld computer.
OQO continues to push the boundaries in ultramobile PC design, on Wednesday launching the Model 2+ computer that delivers a full PC performance in a tiny package.
In the 11 years since the creation of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group, about 2 billion devices with the wireless technology have shipped globally. The products range from hands-free headsets to medical devices, but Bluetooth innovations expected...
LG Electronics announced Wednesday a high-speed wireless wrist-watch phone with video chat and text messaging capabilities at the Consumer Electronics Show.
Motorola is still in the midst of plans to spin off its mobile handset division in 2010, but will show off a new cell phone made from recycled plastic water bottles at the Consumer Electronics Show later this week.
A single malformed text message can prevent some Nokia smartphones from receiving further messages via SMS (Short Message Service) -- and the offending message can be sent from almost any Nokia phone, even non-smartphone models, a German security res...
Palm is set to preview this week its latest incarnation of mobile operating system - Nova - in a bid to re-ignite the company as a smartphone leader. Latest developments say that Palm will also release a new device that runs Nova as well. The unveili...
China's State Council has finally given its nod to the issuance of the long-awaited 3G licenses.
New vendors are lining up to deliver an Android phone in 2009, while Google is planning an update to the software -- and gave around 18000 of the first-generation phones to its staff as a Christmas present.
LG Electronics plans to debut a wristwatch-style 3G phone at the Consumer Electronics Show next month, it said Sunday.
With the end of the year upon us, Research in Motion's (RIM) CDN$66 million hostile takeover bid for encryption specialist Certicom has hit a snag.
First reactions from buyers of Research in Motion's newest BlackBerry Storm smart phone have been "lukewarm," and nowhere near the satisfaction ratings of Apple's iPhone, a market research analyst said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC