The fallout from the Note 7 debacle, which is expected to take a big chunk out of Samsung’s third-quarter profit, will keep hurting its business into next year, the company said.
Smartphones - News
The app comes from a Pixel system file dump, so it's unclear at this time if it'll make it to Nexus phones or is just for Google's newest hardware.
Some of the early reports on faulty Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones that caused burns and property damage have been invalidated, significantly reducing the number of incidents.
In a bid to retain customers, Samsung Electronics is giving larger financial incentives to people who choose to exchange the recalled Galaxy Note7 for another smartphone from the company, rather than seek a refund.
Google’s new Pixels phones look and cost the same as the iPhone. Now that Google is in Apple territory, what can the original iPhone-maker do to stand out?
You can finally zoom in on screenshots, and Google has renamed the 'Entertainment' section to 'Movies, Music, Books' to try and drum up more interest.
Samsung Electronics has cut its revenue and profit forecast for the third quarter, after the disastrous launch of its flagship Galaxy Note7, which eventually led to the company recalling the smartphones and stopping their production in the wake of re...
There is a split opinion over whether the successor phone should be named the Note8 or adopt an entirely new moniker, to avoid reminding consumers of a device that can catch fire in their pants.
7.1 brings support for Daydream VR, the app shortcuts API, and several other features, but the Assistant is still just for Pixel and Allo.
We were able to fool people into thinking a photo from the iPhone 7 Plus Portrait mode was actually taken with a DSLR. That's how good it is.
The justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, hearing arguments in a long-running Apple and Samsung patent dispute on Tuesday, seemed to question a 19th-century law that allows huge infringement damages in design patent cases.
Samsung has halted all sales of its flagship smartphone, Galaxy Note 7, after several new reports emerged of repaired devices catching fire.
Three ostensibly safe Note7 phones have gone up in flames, begging the question, Is it time to ditch the Note7 entirely and wait for Note8?
Shipments of devices powered by Apple's and Microsoft's operating systems will end 2016 down from the year before, research firm Gartner said this week.
Instead of swapping Hangouts for Allo, Google is apparently more interested in pushing out a better video call experience than a messaging alternative.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC